Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

How to Find Joy

Lately, Jesus has been restoring me. One of my favorite chapters in the Bible is Psalms 23. It talks about Jesus leading us into still water and making us lie down in green grass. It always brings me comfort.
Despite having found a new peace in my life, today I found myself in tears because I seem to lack joy.
Tonight, I was sitting in the silence (well, I have a toddler, so it wasn't too silent)Jesus reminded me of what my early walk with Him looked like. I used to leave flowers on  random cars.I sent random love letters of hope in the mail. I used to visit the elderly in nursing homes. I used to find peace, and purpose, and JOY in loving others and helping others. I once found JOY in pointing others to Christ through LOVE.

I miss that. Jesus reminded me that there is JOY is loving and serving others. Love is the purpose. The greatest gift.
Tonight, I am praying that He cultivate Joy in me and in you. I pray that you find your Joy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachelle, my belolved sister! :D Thank you for being such an help and inspiration, I can hear Gods´ Voice speaking to me through your devotional reflexions! I haven´t felt hope or joy for a long time, but by reading your stories from your own life in such a true and transparent way that you do, helps me to understand that there´s hope even for me! I´ve been in a spiritual wilderness for a long, long time, almost 2 years, and God hasn´t letting me minister to anyone, but today when I read "How To Find Joy", He spoke to me to visit the elderly in nursing homes. Yeeey!!! He wants to use me again!!! I could feel joy again and that there is hope!! You maybe don´t understand what that means to me, I have felt like I´ve been living in a cage:))) but just to do something for anyone, if only little, it makes it worth to get up in the mornings! Thank you and God Bless you!/ Marianne Erlandsson

    ReplyDelete