Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 5, 2012

7 Days of Heaven, Day 6

Anonymous Giving


God has given me a heart for the people of Orange,Texas.

I often drive through a very poor, poverty stricken, parts of town. Often, I see children walking up and down the streets, unsupervised.

Some look downcast. They always seem to be looking down, never looking up at the beauty around them.

I wonder if they notice beauty. I wonder if thier lives are submerged with drugs.

I wonder.

Lately, I have been praying for them. Everytime I pass through the neighborhood I ask God to shine His light in the area. "Let them see you, O God."

Yesterday, I was driving to work and I noticed a few kids sitting on a porch.

God spoke to me. He allowed me to feel His love for those beautiful kids.

I have had a gift card for steaks sitting in my glove compartment for the past six months. I have wanted to use it, but I haven't really had the chance.

The truth is, I can afford to buy steaks anytime I want.

I wanted to bless this family anonymously.

So, I wrote them a letter.

I told them of God's great love for them. I told them how I could feel His love for the children I saw sitting on the porch. I told them that He sets the captives free. I told them that they deserve to eat steaks. I am giving them my gift card.

Sometimes, God will move in an area. But sometimes we have to be the one to initiate the change. God desires to work through us. We are His hands of healing on earth. Prayers are powerful, but prayer, when combined with action is unstoppable.

God, send us your Holy Spirit so that lives can be changed and your glory can be known.
God, you are mighty and powerful. Move in Orange, Texas. Set the captives free!

God, lavish your love upon us and teach us to love.
Today, give anonymously...

Expecting nothing in return.

Our faith grows when we excerise it. It is like a muscle.

We have been created for greater things. Not just to be a number in the world, not just to go for diplomas and degrees, this work and that work. We have been created in order to love and be loved. ~Mother Teresa





No comments:

Post a Comment