Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 20, 2013

deathly afraid

Sigh. This week has been a week of frustration.  For the past decade or so, I have always noticed how bad things tend to happen in the month of January. Yesterday, I asked God why January seems to hate me so much. I even asked God if He was mad at me for something. I haven't heard back yet, but I will let you  know what He says.

One thing that is promised in God's word are tests.. Tests and trial of various sorts. This month has been a month of testing. I can't help but feel as if I have failed a few of them. I have, as of late, let frustration get the better of me.
Today is another day of testing. I'll elaborate because I know that this is going to help someone. Yesterday, I was the cause of a very minor "accident." It wasnt' anything major. No one was hurt. But, something was left very slightly damaged. I told a few people about it and I was simply told to keep my mouth shut about it..because, "after all, it's not a "big deal."

But truthfully, anytime we do wrong and don't admit to it..it IS a big deal. Truthfully, the thought of admitting to some things make me deathly afraid.  I realized, as of late, that I am afraid of certain things. But yesterday, God kept reminding me that, when we choose to do right and honor Him, then there is really nothing to fear.
yesteday, I kept thinking of the role of the conscience. God tells us in His word that He gives us a concsience..He gives us innate knowledge of  right and wrong. Everyday we have a choice to excercise that right. When we initially choose to do wrong, our conscince should let us know.... When we continaully choose wrong, our conscience grows weak, and before we know it, we are steeped in sin and headed down dark  roads. We have to remember that sin separates us from God.

Yesterday, I watched a video by a man who said that God told him that this year was to be a year of testing. Friends, I urge you to do the right thing. No matter how hard it may seem. When Christ dwells in us, He gives us strength. He tells us not to fear. He tells us that when we work and live in integrity, then we will never fall away from His hand.

Lord help us to do the right thing, to own up and admit to our failings and wrongdoings. Lord, we can hide nothing from you. I would rather lose all in this life if it meant securing a life with you in eternity.
Give us the strength to not fear man, for we know that fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom.
Teach us to abide in your ways, forsaking all that hinders our walk with you. Grant us your mercy and guide us as we place our lives in your hands. Teach us to do right and chastise us when we don't.

I am going to post two youtube videos. They are both pretty serious. Let me know your thoughts.

but first, I leave you with these verses



Matthew 19   Peter answered him, "We have left everything to follow you!

James 1:2  Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds,
1 Peter 1:6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials
Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

James 1 says, “Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.”

1Peter 1:6 In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials
Romans 12:12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.



 Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. 7 Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. Phillipians 4:6-7




 When a person trusts Christ and he is equipped by the Holy Spirit to embrace the teachings of the Bible, his conscience is given a new education every time he opens the Word. According to the book of Hebrews, the believer’s conscience is cleansed by the blood of Christ (10:22). It is purged of uselessness and made serviceable for the purposes of the Lord (9:14). Rather than being an adversary to our freedoms, it is transformed into an ally for eternal good (Hebrews 13:18, 1 Peter 3:16, 1 Timothy 1:5, 19). There is nothing quite as comforting as a God-equipped conscience that is “void of offense” (Acts 24:16) and “pure” (1 Timothy 3:9).
Be wary of a silent conscience. Value a pure conscience. Remember that the conscience is not a “guide” but a “referee.” Pursue your guidance, not from your internal referee, but from your “Coach” in the heavenlies. Allow your conscience to be educated in your daily devotions with God. Trust and obey.. from this website








p.s..didn't get to watch the last one, but i have heard his testimony..

1 comment:

  1. when we think out loud like for instance boy I hope this January is not a bad one etc..........we expect bad to happen therefore it does.........the enemy is one step ahead of us.....sometimes we speak out loud negativity without even realizing it.............I always expected the holidays to be bad because as my children were growing up as a single parent I just couldn't afford great Christmas'. So we had terrible holidays..........they always wanted stuff that I couldn't get. Once I was found by Christ, He helped me change that. So when I don't want history repeating itself (bad January) I speak positive out loud. This January will be different. I have God's love and love conquers all it will be a great month. It may sound silly but a lot of it has to do with what we expect too. I expect good things all the time. I try not to call bad to manifest itself in my life. Good luck girl Blessings

    ReplyDelete