Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 5, 2019

Christmas for the Children at Harbour House

This Christmas I want to do something special for the kids at Harbour House in Lake Charles.

Harbour House is a shelter for ages ten to seventeen. Many of them are homeless. Some are runaways, and others just need a safe environment because of an unstable or abusive situation at home.

I honestly just can't imagine what some of these children have been through.

I want to get them a "Hidden in My Heart" cd, along with a letter telling them that they are loved, they do have a purpose in life, and that there are people out there praying for them and rooting for them. I also want to include chocolates or small things for a gift bag.

A few years ago, I read an article that stated that kids who left Harbor House were at very high risk of suicide. I want to do all that I can to prevent that by planting seeds of love and hope in their hearts.

Today, I called and talked to an administrator who works there. She was estatic that someone wanted to buy them gifts, and said that they are the type of kids who are very grateful for even the smallest of things. There are currently eleven children being  housed there.

I have collected thirty dollars so far for this project. I need at least 100 more.Any amount will help. If you can't help out, I understand. Please be in prayer for these kids. If you can help out, please paypal me and one hundred percent of the proceeds will go towards this project.

My paypal addresss is   paypal.me/RBrister



No comments:

Post a Comment