Total Pageviews

Monday, December 2, 2019

What Jesus Showed Me in a Bathroom at Buckees

This past month has been bittersweet. At times, I have been at complete and total peace. Other times, I have been undergoing spiritual warfare on an intense level. My mind has been assaulted heavily for the past few weeks. I've been fighting feelings of intense anxiety, depression, and self condemnation. I've struggled with nightmares where Satan shows me what he wants to do to my family. I've undergone attacks against my body. It's been mentally and physically exhausting.

But through it all, Jesus has whispered in my spirit, "Trust in Me." Through it all, Jesus has shown me that he hears my prayers for loved ones. Through it all, He has given me peace during the times when I just wanted to give up.

A few nights ago, I felt compelled to watch a Youtube video about fear. The Bible defines fear as a spirit. There is even a verse that says, He has not given us a Spirit of Fear, but rather a Spirit of Power, of Love, and of a Sound Mind. As someone who has dealt with the demonic, I know that when there is a heavy darkness over me, certain thoughts enter my mind. Dark thoughts. Thoughts that have often sent me down rabbit holes of panic and tears.

The Word tells us that if we resist the enemy, then he will flee from us. It also tells us that the weapons of our warfare are not the weapons of the world and that we must take our thoughts captive and make them obedient to Christ.

In the Youtube video, Doug Perry explains that our thoughts are often like a train. We start off with a few negative thoughts and then they easily gain momentum up to the point that they are hard to stop.

He said by taking our fearful, or worrisome thoughts captive (or any thought that doesn't align with Christ) we cut them off at the root. He also gave some highly interesting stories about people who were set free from very specific fears. It is worth a watch. I'm posting the video below. I highly recommend anyone who struggles with anxiety or depression to watch it.


Video about how to be free from FEAR. IT's Profound!


Anyhow, after watching the video, I started practicing rebuking the spirits of fear and taking my thoughts captive and I have felt at peace. It works!

Now, for the Buckees part of this blog. 

Sometimes, I pray to feel God's love for others. There have been times when Jesus has shown me other people through His eyes. Every single time, I have felt my eyes tear up because I become overwhelmed with mercy and compassion. Yesterday, we drove home from Midland, Texas. We stopped for a restroom break at Buckees. I asked Jesus to show me someone through His eyes. I went to the restroom, and I looked up in the mirror, and it hit me like a lightning bolt. 
There I was. Me. In the mirror. It was unmistakeable. Jesus was showing me his great love for me. My eyes filled with tears as I realized that Jesus loves me. It's one thing to realize his love and mercy and compassion for others, but it is something beautiful and profound to be able to feel it for yourself.

He loves us.

Don't listen to the lies of Satan who longs to kill, steal, and destroy you and those around you.
Listen to voice of Jesus who is our healer, our protector, our provider, and who longs to bring us restoration. Take every thought captive. 

Here is what the voice of Jesus sounds like, "For I know the plans that I have for you says the Lord. Plans to prosper you and NOT TO HARM you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jerimiah 29:11




"The weapons of our warfare are not the weapons of the world. Instead, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We tear down arguments, and every presumption set up against the knowledge of God; and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5

Here is a powerful prayer of protection for you and your family. I have felt demons flee when I pray this prayer. 

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.a
2I will say to the LORD, “You are my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
3Surely He will deliver you
from the snare of the fowler,
and from the deadly plague.
4He will cover you with His feathers;
under His wings you will find refuge;
His faithfulness is a shield and rampart.
5You will not fear the terror of the night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the calamity that destroys at noon.
7Though a thousand may fall at your side,
and ten thousand at your right hand,
no harm will come near you.
8You will only see it with your eyes
and witness the punishment of the wicked.
9Because you have made the LORD your dwelling—
my refuge, the Most High—
10no evil will befall you,
no plague will approach your tent.
11For He will command His angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways.
12They will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.b
13You will tread on the lion and cobra;
you will trample the young lion and serpent.
14“Because he loves Me, I will deliver him;
because he knows My name, I will protect him.
15When he calls out to Me,
I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble.
I will deliver and honor him.
16With long life I will satisfy him
and show him My salvation.”

PSALMS 91










1 comment:

  1. I’m so thankful and grateful He has shown you once again that He loves you!!! He’s never stopped loving you!!! He will never stop! His love is to great!! I love you BIG BIG

    ReplyDelete