Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Jesus Loves Divorced People and Fasting and Prayer

Yesterday was a really bad day for me. Yesterday a random stranger emailed me to criticize my walk with God, and my marriage. They used the Bible to beat me over the head, pointing out scriptures that say how I'm in error because my husband is divorced from his first wife.

There was once a time years ago when I was separated from my husband. But, I KNOW that God led me back to him. When I wanted to hate, God pushed me to love. When I wanted to throw in the towel, I didn't. God wouldn't have condemned me if I did. But, I felt like God was calling me to reconciliation. I felt as if Jesus was showing me restoration. Ya'll my husband is a different person than he was years ago. He is an AMAZING father. He cooks for us. He is our provider. He puts our needs and wants above his own. There are no secrets between us .We are happy and drama free He gave up things that he had to give up in order to love his family. God DOES heal. GOD does restore.
.

God can use your love and forgiveness to completely change another person. Are we perfect?
No. But, I know that God is still working in our hearts, and that is a beautiful thing.

Anyhow, back to yesterday. I started listening the lies. Anxiety kicked in. I started worrying about so many things. I could feel the darkness all around me in a very tangible way.  I went in the bathroom and cried. I asked Jesus to help me. Jesus reminded me about the power of fasting and prayer.
So, today I fasted and I prayed.

ALL I can say is that today was a day of a peace that was so deep that it was almost surreal.

If anyone is going through any kind of warfare, depression, anxiety, spiritual confusion, etc, or if you just want to grow in your walk with Jesus, I HIGHLY encourage you to fast and pray.


Fasting is present all throughout the Bible. Jesus fasted. The disciples fasted. Jesus instructed us how to fast on the Sermon on the Mount.

The Bible says that God resists the proud, but gives strength to the humble. Fasting is a way of humbling ourselves before God. It is an extremely powerful tool. I could tell story after story of how fasting helped me in my walk with Jesus.

This blog is kindof all over the place, but I will say this. If you are divorced, God doesn't condemn you. His grace is sufficient for you. He loves you.

And if you are hurting from a divorce, Jesus can be your healing. He can be your restoration. He can turn your ashes to beauty.Trust in Him. He loves you.







No comments:

Post a Comment