Total Pageviews

Friday, December 27, 2019

CONVERSATION WITH A STRANGER

Yesterday, I fought the darkness quite a bit. I really don't want to go into details, but I could feel a tangible heaviness all around me.

The other day I made a video about the love of God. The Word defines love as patient, kind, not easily angered. Love keeps NO record of wrong. Love is not rude. Love is not self seeking. Love does not delight in evil. Love protects, hopes, and perseveres. The Bible defines God as love. I asked the simple question, "Do you have an image of God as being anything other than these things?" I then stated, that if we view God as anything other than love, then we have a complete misunderstanding of God.

Anyhow, this video caused a complete stranger to reach out to me. He told me that he has fallen very far. He spoke to me of how he is wrestling with an addiction. Last night, I got the chance to speak life to a stranger. I told him that there is nothing in his life that hasn't been already covered by the Cross of Christ. There is no sin or wrong too big that Jesus didn't die for. He told me that he too has undergone demonic torment. I rebuked the spirits of depression and fear and addiction from his life,and I could feel the demons that I had been wrestling all day begin to tremble and flee.

Please pray for this man. Pray that God would help him with his addiction. I've heard of people getting instantly delivered. I also know that sometimes people also need to seek help. God is good, ya'll.

I believe that God's grace towards those struggling with addiction is great. I believe that He is merciful and patient. He isn't up in Heaven, counting our sins against us. (Love keeps no record of wrong)

I often think of the story of the prodigal son. Once there was a father who had two sons. One day the youngest son asked for his inheritance. The father gave it to him. He went far away from his father and squandered his money on wild living. There was a famine in the land. The son found himself lacking. He had no food. He thought, Will my father take me back? I have squandered everything! He thought, maybe I can go back and be a servant. They eat better than I. Maybe he will be merciful to me.

So the son went back. The Father saw the son from a distance, walking toward home. His heart was filled with great joy. He was so excited to see his son. There was no chastisement. The father was just simply glad that his son had come home. He threw a huge banquet nd there was music and laughter and dancing.

That is who Jesus is to me. He isn't counting our sins against us. He just simply rejoices when we come home.






1 comment: