Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Fearless

Today was a day of fearlessness.
Every day from now on, will be a day without fear.

I chose not to dwell on anger.
I chose, instead, to walk in love.

I was driving down the road and I saw a young, African American boy. I saw him throw a rock. It landed right in front of my car. It almost seemed as if he was trying to hit my car with the rock.

I wasn't angry. I was concerned. I stopped the car and asked him if he was ok. He looked like he was surprised that I stopped. He looked like he was surprised that I wasn't angry.
I told him that I wanted to give him something. I handed him my canyon poem.
I wanted Jesus to take him from whatever state he was in, and bring him out of his canyon into a place of peace and rest.

I went into the grocery store. I felt the Spirit of God's love upon me. I wanted to buy someone's groceries today. I didn't do it. I know that I should have and I'm glad that the idea came to me, because I can see myself doing this in the very near future.

I'm going to simply say, "Jesus asked me to buy your groceries today." And then I will tell them how much Jesus loves them and maybe give them some flowers to grow.

After I left the grocery store, I went to the gas station. I gave the man inside a copy of my canyon post.
and then, I ventured off to work.

I want everyday to be a day without fear. I want everyday to be a day that I confident and courageous in sharing the love of God. To me, there is no other way to be.

I am excited about sharing this beautiful Light I've been given. It's the only hope for this lost world. I feel fearless and I am thankful.
My heart is full.

Today I heard that song that moved my heart. Baby Bear and I ventured to the coffee shop and I heard it for the first time. It's a song by Phillips, Craig, and Dean called "Nothing to Prove."

I want to share the lyrics....



Nothing to Prove




You taught me how to ride a bike


Tie my shoes and fly a kite


how to swim, and how to fish


To see a star and make a wish


Said it's okay to make mistakes


Just don't get stuck in yesterday


Forgive, forget, and move ahead


Because life is what you make of it


Now you're gone, and all I have


are memories I hold deep


But if I'm quiet I hear your voice


still ringing in my ears






saying live with no excuses


love with no regrets


laugh a lot and leave this life


with nothing left unsaid


Make this world a better place


Don't be afraid to cry


And when it's finally time to say goodbye


Nothing to prove, nothing to lose,


nothing to hide




You see a life cannot be measured by


the place you live, the car you drive


the thing that counts the day you die


is who you are, and what's inside


so tell the truth, don't ever lie


integrity at any price


your words, your bond, your highest price




So i live with no excuses


and I love with no regrets


I laugh a lot and I leave this life


with nothing left unsaid


make this world a better place


don't be afraid to cry


And when it's finally time to say goodbye


And when it's finally time to say goodbye


and when it's finally time to say goodbye


There's nothing to prove, nothing to lose,


nothing to hide...




Shortly after I listened to this song today, I learned that an old friend of mine has cancer. I am going to let him know how much I care and how much Jesus loves him. I am going to write a letter to my grandmother who has been sick. I am going to live fearless. No regrets. Nothing to prove, nothing to lose, nothing to hide. Embracing every moment.




This post seems strangely simple. nothing complex. No issues. No worries. No concerns.
No fears. But isn't that how life is meant to be lived?


In the most wonderful simplicity.


Yes, there are things going on that could drain and consume my every thought.


But I am finding that there is such a simplicity and peace that evolves from simply trusting.


And a beautiful fearlessness that emerges.




There is a Bible verse that states, perfect love casts out all fear.


Lately I have prayed not for Jesus to cast out my fear, but to perfect my love.




Ask Him to perfect your love.


See what kind of beautiful places it leads to...




I'm still working on my post about my Grand Canyon trip so stay tuned. I completely fell in love with Jesus on that trip.






No comments:

Post a Comment