Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 29, 2011

The key to joy

yesterday, I got out of bed and I could hear Jesus silently urging me.."rachelle, get down on your knees and seek me. I only need ten minutes of your time."

I was groggy. My first thought was....I don't have time. I need to get ready for work. I will talk to you on my way to work and throughout the day.....

But I decided to listen to His still, sweet and beautiful voice.

I'm glad I did. Lately, I have been attacked by the enemy in vicious ways. I can feel a heaviness upon me. The enemy has been coming against my body.

This may sound strange to some, but I have often experienced spiritual warfare in a tangible way. I can feel the physical prescence of demonic forces. But through it all, God has shown me so many things and I have learned not to fear.

So...

I got down on my knees and I prayed.
I obeyed despite what I was feeling. I listened to His voice.
All I can say is that those ten minutes, not only sustained me...they completely revived me.
Obedience to God is uncomparable.
yesterday made me realize..even though God has shown me this many times before...that I am powerless...
Sometimes I pray for people...I pray for my family..I pray for lost friends...coworkers...people I've met over the years...I pray for my children....Somedays, I envision these grandiose plans that will alter lives for the better.....
But, on days like yesterday, I realized that I am completely powerless to truly change anything.
On my own, I am helpless against the powers of darkenss.
I am unable to save anyone.
But yesterday, I once again realized that ten minutes of submission to God's will....is more powerful than a lifetime of anything else.

Yesterday, those ten minutes saved me. I believe that God wants more than ten minutes of our time. But, often we get stuck in these mind numbing routines. We think we are holy and righteous do gooders..but we still aren't giving God what He asks. I could've ignored God and prayed when the time fit my schedule a little better. But I chose to obey Him and it has made a world of difference.


After my prayers, I began to sing a song to Him...and I could feel a very real heaviness lift. Lately, I have been fought in major ways....but, by submititing to the wishes of God...resisting the devil... I could feel the very light of God piercing through the darkness....

I could sit here all night and tell you of the wonderous things that God has shown me. I could try and try with everything that I am...tell you that God is real and that He loves you.....but if you seek Him and listen to that still, small voice on your own....then you will see it all for yourself.

Words can't describe  God.  He is pure light. He is a magnificent, radiating, Spirit of power and love...that that cuts through the darkness.

Obedience to God is the key to joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment