Total Pageviews

Monday, February 25, 2013

How to walk on water and not fall

Last night I had a very strange dream. I dreamt that I was in some sort of amusement park.. I can't really say where I was, only that I was being led to an enclosed body of water by a woman wearing khacki shorts. She brough me to a ladder that led to a huge pool. The pool resembled a large body of water. It was moving like a torrential sea, but I could see clearly defined borders. In the next part of the dream, I was standing on a platform getting ready to jump into the water..
I could hear Jesus saying, " take a step of faith, and you can walk on the water. "
I then looked and saw Him standing on top of the water. He had His hand out to me. In the next part of the dream, I felt an immense security and peace as I was in the arms of Jesus. I was standing on the water, but it was because I wrapped in His arms.
Do you ever have dreams where you wake up as if you are holding something? Well, I think in this dream, that I must have had my arms clenched in an embrace..
It was one of those dreams where I felt as if Jesus was literally right there.

Truthfully, I have no idea if God gave me this dream, and yet I feel as if He did. He wants us to know that He will catch us when we take a leap of faith into the water. Some of us have taken leaps into the ocean. Some of us may be wading in little pools.. some of us, might think we are in an ocean, but we are only in a really small contained little pond. Wherever, we are, He will catch us, but we have to have the faith and courage to set our feet upon the ocean if he is going to catch us.

So how do we walk on water and not fall?
The answer is simple..we trust that God is right there waiting to catch us with His arms wide open.

Jesus Walks on the Water

22 Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd. 23 After he had dismissed them, he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray. Later that night, he was there alone, 24 and the boat was already a considerable distance from land, buffeted by the waves because the wind was against it.
25 Shortly before dawn Jesus went out to them, walking on the lake. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. “It’s a ghost,” they said, and cried out in fear.
27 But Jesus immediately said to them: “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.”
28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”
29 “Come,” he said.
Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”
31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”
32 And when they climbed into the boat, the wind died down. 33 Then those who were in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”



"faith is taking the first step, even when you can't see the whole staircase" -martin luther king, jr.
What is your ocean? what are afraid of stepping into? Is it ministry? reaching out to others? adoption? Is it simply speaking about your faith to others? writing?
Whatever it is, jump..If this is God's will for your life, then you have to know that He will catch you when and that when your feet hit the water, you will fall into an embrace

No comments:

Post a Comment