Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 9, 2012

supernaturally wonderful night

Last night's church service was amazing. Do you ever have those moments when you are truly amazed by God? All I can say is that if you are truly pursuing Him, then those moments will inudate your life....Your life will begin to look less ordinary and you will stand in wonder.

Some of the things that happen the way they do are almost uncanny. Well, uncanny is a word I would use if my faith wasn't strong...

I guess the word I'm looking for is supernaturally miraculous. When we truly pursue God, our lives begin to enter the realm of the spiritual world of the miraculous..

One thing that I have learned is that God longs to speak to each of us.....Reader, He longs to speak to you.
He speaks to me because I ask Him...In between the fighing and the warfare, He speaks. And His voice makes the fight worth it.

Let me tell you a little bit about what happened last night.

I'm working on a blog post about spiritual warfare. I often feel as if I continually fight.. Don't get me wrong, fighting is our job, as Christians...The Bible tells us that we do not fight the natural ...we fight the unseen.....And I have experienced enough of the unseen to know that it is, indeed, there.

Ok..... without even being aware of it, I have felt like I have to continually earn God's love. He tells us the path is narrow so I try to work and work....and continually do things.  I actually make to do lists in order to please God. Yesterday, I was beginning to get a little depressed during the latter part of the day. I felt as if God was asking me to give something up....something I worked hard for....and it was causing me distress.

The thing is...I don't want to be tied to "things." I have seen how the love of things can ruin people. I have seen how things can shift one's focus away from Christ. I"m sad that there is so much waste in the world and I'm sad that some Christians have way more than they need while the person next to them is struggling to put shoes on their kids feet. It hurts to watch sometimes.

I have often condemned myself for "not doing enough for Christ", but in reality I run around busy trying to change things and attempting to work and work and work to make life better for people. It's harrowing and, at times, exhausting.

Last night, when I felt the need to give away something that I worked so hard for...I just slipped into depression.
I prayed. Dear God, is this what you want? You know that I love you. You know that I would give anything to you. If this is what you want God, speak to me? Speak to me, Jesus, I need to hear your voice.

I went to church with the faith and the expectaion that Jesus was going to speak to me.
And He did. He always does. We only need to have the faith that His voice will come at the time when we need it most. Press on. Push forward. Don't give up.

Last night was one of those nights that I am thankful for obedient children of God. I am thankful for people that sacrifice so much of thier time pursuing God. God can speak through His children.  He tells us, "My sheep Hear My Voice."

Last night, a very spirit filled man began telling people in our church things only God could've known. He didn't condemn anyone. He reached out with the love of Christ and encouraged.

This man told me very specific things that only God could've known...

He answered my question.

This is what he said: Keep in mind that I don't know this man...He knows NOTHING about me. He doesn't know my name, even. He was a guest preacher from another city in another state. I'm inserting my name for reading purposes.

"Rachelle, you do not have to earn God's love. It is already there. You are the type of person who runs around trying to please God...You are like a wife who is so busy that sometimes she just forgets to rest at His feet." You are the one who makes "TO DO" Lists...!!!!!    Slow down, rest at His feet.
Rachelle, I can see how much you love Him. You are a pleaser. He longs to be closer to you. You don't have to earn His love. Jesus  is showing me how you have been hurt by the people that you thought loved you. He is healing you. He is not only healing you, He is giving you a new heart..... He says, ENJOY ME, Rachelle... Remember, he said, that you can't change things....You try to change things..but God is working...let God do the work. Be still and know that He is God.
He also said that God had a ministry in store for me and not to give up on it.

He is the third person to tell me about a ministry that God has for me...that is another story altogether...

SO reader, today....Rest in Him, Lean on Him..

Enjoy Him...

God hears you...

Come to church with me. God is moving there. God longs to heal you and speak to you. Come expecting.

Please know that I don't want to take you away from your church or your religion, I am just very in awe of some of the things that have transpired lately ....I want you to be a part of it....

Reader, I love you and I want the best for your life.  I want us all to make it across the finish line and to help as many others across as we possibly can.

Seek the face of Jesus today,

Sometimes we fight by simply resting.....




The Lord is my shepherd
I shall not want
He leads me beside the still waters
He leads me beside green pastures
He restores my soul.

He leads me into paths of righteousness for His names sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Death,
I will fear no evil
For He is with me
His rod and HIs staff, they comfort me..

He prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies
My cup runs over
Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the House of the Lord
FOREVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment