Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

yesterday cade and I went to the nursing home. Jesus has been dealing with for some time to go, but truthfully I haven't felt like it.  For a week, I dealt with severe vertigo.  I felt that my strength was sapped. But we walk by feelings and not by faith. We went anyway.

I am glad we did. We met so many amazing people that needed some cheer for this Christmas season.
We met a lady who kept thanking us for coming to visit her. We prayed with her and told her how much she means to our Savior. She kept doting over Cade. She relentlessly thanked us for coming.

One thing I have noticed about the residents of the nursing home is that they are desperate for prayer. Every time I ask anyone there if they would like me to pray with them, they empathically nod thier heads.
Yes, please pray with me.

Yesterday we prayed for a man stricken with illness and a dear woman who said that none of her family even acknowledged her existence on Christmas day. She was heartbroken.

We met a man who told his that his family was dead. I bought him a Bible and told  him of this brilliant place that I dream about sometimes called Heaven.

We passed out honeybuns. Next time we go, I would like to hand out a few cd players. Many of the residents don't have cd players. Their senses are often dulled with the monotony of television. I want these people to live again. To have music. To have renewed faith. To find hope again.

I want people to begin bringing Jesus to the nursing home. I am truly sad for people that are confined and forced to mete out thier time in lonliness and despair.  These are the forgotten.

As I am writing this post, I feel as if I have too much to say and I don't really know how to say it.
If there is one thing that I want to convey thru this post...It is this: OBEY GOD.

After we left the nursing home, I felt renewed. I felt restored somehow. I felt as if God was once again shining His light upon me.  When we listen to the still small voice of God, we are restored.

God tells us in His Word to be doers of the word and not hearers only.
Doing is a way to exercise our faith. It increases our love and our capacity to love. It brings us closer to the Father. I have found that the more I do for Him, the more I understand.
The more I obey His voice, the closer I am to Him.

Sometimes His voice calls us to do things that are difficult. He will often call us out of our comfort zones.
If you are stuck in a comfort zone, trust Him to move you out of it.
These days we are too concerned with comfort. There is a lost and dying world that needs Jesus.

I once thought that God existed to meet my needs. I once wondered why certain things cards always seemed stacked against me. I once used God for joy and then blamed Him when something didn't go right. I once prayed. God would answer my prayer and then I would go right back to living my heinous, sinful life.

But I have since humbly learned that I am here to meet His.

If anyone would like to donate a cd player that you aren't using, message me. If not, that's ok too.

Much love

No comments:

Post a Comment