Total Pageviews

Monday, February 6, 2012

the ugly rock



the other day, while at work, I needed an ink pen....I was outside and realized that I had left my pen inside the building. That's no surprise since I am always deficient in this area...

I didn't have anything complicated to write..I simply needed to check some items off of a sheet of paper...so I reached for a rock...

The ground is littered with rocks...rocks of all shapes and sizes..rocks of all colors and textures...
I happened to pick up the ugliest rock I could find...
I knew that the ugly rock would be able to complete the specific task in the best possible way...

As I was checking off items with the ugly rock, I noticed the smooth lines it made across the page.
None of the smooth, prettier rocks could have done that...the smooth, pretty rocks would not have been able to leave the same mark as the ugly rock...

Leaving our mark on the world...
sometimes, don't we think we have to be beautiful or look a certain way to leave
our mark on the world..

I used to strive very hard to obtain an image. I never felt like I matched the standards of what is considered beautiful in this day and age.

Today beauty is often associated with thick, shiny hair, certain body types,
the best clothes....

I often wanted to change myself to conform to this image.  I thought that love was a shallow thing that depended upon whatever level of  beauty one possessed.

Of course, I was grossly wrong. Even the most beautiful girls get hurt and trampled underfoot.
I have since learned that true beauty is of the heart...

Since, my walk in Christ, He is making me into the woman that I am supposed to be.
He is giving me confidence in who I am..
I now see that life is necessarily about how much I am loved,
but measured in His eyes by how much I love others..

So, today, if you are feeling ugly..
You can still leave your mark on the world.
God loves you so much and He longs to transform you
into the person He wants you to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment