Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

caring for doves, part 2

I love my doves...
Last night, I took them home..
I learned that my father- in-law has also cared for tiny baby birds..raised them up..helped them grow into healthy adults...
as I was sleeping, he fed them for me...
every two hours, he gave them warm milk..

When I woke up, I did a little research and found a special formula for feeding baby birds..So, I happily made the drive to Pet's Mart to pick it up..

The birds loved it. They lapped it up...squeaking and craning their tiny little necks to eat.

By the time it was all over, they were covered in yellowish paste...
I am learning that feeding a baby bird is a messy thing...

I like watching them sleep..
their tiny, tiny bodies rising with each breath....they are so delicate..so frail..such a reminder of the beauty of life...

Today, I was thinking of the types of blogs that I like to read. I scroll through a lot of blogs..most are about religious doctrine.. most expound upon some sort of theological conumdrum..
to tell you the truth..I am usually bored to tears.

I like the blogs..the writings of people, who care for someone..or something..
I like to read about the woman who goes out of her way to take chocolate chip cookies to neighbors she has never met..
or about Caroline who gave up her car to serve in a Mexican orphanage.. I like to know how she reads books to 14 little boys every single night.. I like to read about how she takes them to amusement parks and wipes away their tears and tells them about Jesus... I like to hear about how she whispers hope into their lives and gives them aspirations... I love how she has big dreams for each individual boy..and how she loves children that aren't even her own..

I like reading about moms who take care of and love children with disabilites.. I like how they never flinch or never doubt that their child is any less..instead, they hold the pure, unequivocal love in their hearts that assures them that thier child is special, and beautiful and wonderfully and intricately created..

on the other hand, I love reading the stories of women who made  very real and serious mistakes..but then realized, with tears in their eyes, that God loves them anyway.

That's the stuff of real...

We overcomplicate the gospel..
We think that being a Christian is all about theology or programs..or large sanctuaries..
we equate "christian" with mega million speakers like ( insert popular preacher name here)  or some other talking head, when the gospel is really best lived out in taking care of, caring for, and loving, something with every fibre of our being...

Today I was thinking of God's commandments...He said the one commandment that fulfilled all of the law..was love... Love your neighbor as yourself.. and love the Lord God with all of your heart..

If you think about it...If you truly have love, then you will never lie..because you realize the impact that it has on others..
If you have love, you won't steal.
or cheat..
If you have love, you will find yourself effortlessly following all of  God's commandements..
have love..and believe in God and His Son...and have everlasting life..It is win-win...
It's a no brainer.. It makes the most sense..  In a world of spiritual confusion and hyprocritical judgment, love makes the most sense..
that's because God is love..
God makes sense.

Keep the theological arguments. I'm not interested in your version of right. I'm not interested in you telling me that I will burn in an eternal hell because I believe a little differently than you. 
We've gotten silly..
we've replaced love for hate and somehow still call it "jesus''
That's not the Jesus I am in love with.

I love the Jesus who cares for us.. who laid down His life..so that we can have hope..
When is the last time you gave someone hope?

Are you giving hope? or condemning others and shoving something down the throat?

Faith, hope, and love... and the greatest of these is love..

so you've told me all about you faith..
so now, let us see your love.



The flowers appear on the earth; The time of the singing [of birds] is come, And the voice of the turtle-dove is heard in our land - Song of Solomon


know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.- Psalms 50


 -- Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment