Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 14, 2012

what to do when people are rude and just plain nasty

Do you have people that you feel "safe" with?
I have a few people in my life remind me of a safe haven. They offer support. They don't condemn. They are the people who will accept you no matter what quagmire or circumstance..
They are the people who love you, even when you are unloveable and at your worst.

they are the people I think about when i am genuinely hurt.

I am still trying to figure out how and why millions and billions of people all across the globe profess to know Christ, but still continually restort to meanness and petty rudenness. I can't help that it's no wonder Jesus said the path was narrow. He knew that few would make the choice to live out the actual walk. Hatred comes so easy for some, it seems.

I guess I'm partly writing out of frustration. Someone was blantantly rude to me today. I don't feel as if I did anything at all to deserve it. What did I do?
I did what Christ said to do.. I was kind to them anyway. I told them that I didn't understand why I was the object of thier wrath, but if they ever needed something..call me up anyway.

It's what Jesus would have wanted me to do.

Jesus urges us to push past our emotions. He never told us that life would always be easy. But He told us that He is a refuge for when it isn't..

Pray for those who curse you. Be kind to those who hurt you. Love, anyway.
Push on. Press forward. This is a race and according to God, not everyone will finish.
I aim to.

Carry the cross and forgive.
Let it go.
Overcome every evil with good.

I can't wait to see what is on the other side of the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment