Total Pageviews

Friday, June 1, 2012

this past crazy week

this past week has been bittersweet.... i will count it as more sweet than bitter...yes, it was sweet.....

the week started with me getting my nails done. I haven't done this sort of thing in about 15 years, so I thought it was worth mentioning... I work in a plastics plant..so it was nice to have pretty hands for a week or so...

then, my sister came into town from North Carolina..I went out and bought a badmitton set and she forced me into running around the yard... so far, we have tasted the sweet parts of the week...

midway through the week, little bear gets an ugly virus. One night, his fever was so high, it seemed that as soon as I would put cool rags on his head and legs..i would need another...i half expected to see steam.. one night his heart rate seemed really high, his little eyes were blootshot, and he just kindof laid there...so, I scooped him up and whisked him off to the emergency room in the wee, wee hours of morning. 

We arrived. They swabbed his little throat to check for strep..gave him some medicine, and told us to wait.. so we waited in a really cold room... Cade and I watched infomercials for extreme exercise programs for about an hour while we waited...meanwhile, little bear rested his head on my shoulder and slept...

The test for strep came back negative....the prognosis- a probable virus.  On the way home, little bear perked up and the boys decided that they were hungry.. so we headed to the only fast food  restaurant open at 2:30 in the morning.. McDonalds..

On the way, while stopped at a red light, we heard what sounded like a gunshot.. Cade thought i should call 911. So i did...

the boys got their food and merriment followed.. little bear, now completely different from a few hours earlier, kept cracking jokes about mommy's diry car..he kept suggesting that I wash it...

I think little bear is obsessed with cleanliness. The following night, I had gotten the little bear a set of Lincoln logs. I showed him how to build a house.. I went into the kitchen for a few minutes to whip up some icing for a cake that my sister made.... I went back into the room five minutes later to check on little bear and he was nowhere to be found....

I went upstairs and, much to my bewilderment, there was little bear..giving himself a bath..
apparently, baby bear went up the stairs, stuffed a washcloth in the drain, and drew the perfect, tepid..bath.. 
Lesson learned.
Never leave baby bear alone ..not even for a minute. --

this week was filled with starbucks coffee cups and milk stains on outdoor swings..
badmiton sets and sore legs from running..
high fevers, doctor visits, and bottles of motrin...
boys in the backseat laughing at messy cars, plucking toys from fast food, happy meal wrappers
waterslides and sore throats....
chicken noodle soups and stomach aches from chicken stock cans...

This week, once again, showed me that beauty can be plucked out of chaos...  every smile that comes out of struggle..makes the struggle worthwhile..
this week, i felt a little closer to my two sick boys..
cade with his sore throat..and baby bear with his ugly, nasty virus.. and his penchant for cleanliness...


this week God answered my prayers in specific ways.. 
one day, I was driving along.. I kept thinking about a statistic that   i read... I read that children that grow up in orphanages often resort to prostitution or thievery when they are adults. ever since i read that, I get sad when I think about it... I guess we all want to hear that they go on to thrive or find love or start a business or create something... so I did what I know how to do... I prayed about it..  "I simply said, God, I don't understand.. I want these children who have never known love or a home or a loving family to belong to you..but how can they when they grow up to be thieves? God, i know you are fair and just, please show me, something, anything about the orphans.."

God has special ways of answering my prayers.. on my cell phone, I subscribe to an app called "Daily Bible"..
Every day a "random" verse is chosen as the daily verse...
Well, on the day that I asked Jesus to speak to me about orphans, I checked the random verse of the day and this is what it said..

" I will not leave you as orphans, I will come to you." John 14:18..."

Now, to some people..this may sound random ..but, to me..It was an answer to prayer..It was God saying..Hey there, I got this.. don't worry too much about these kids... I have them in my very hands..

God answered another specific prayer this week... more on that, later... :)
Well, I hope you enjoyed these little snippets of my week..

oh  yeah..and today the car got revamped..washed and vacummed and all..
little bear was happy


No comments:

Post a Comment