Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 10, 2012

what the enemy tried to take from me..

This year my company upped my vacation hours...so.. I will soon be getting another two weeks of off time..
This delights my heart in so many ways.. :)

Lately, the enemy has come against me in so many different ways..
For the past week, I have woken up, zapped of strength.. I have been fighting fatigue and mild depression..
I started to write it off as a "thyroid issue"

One night, I was in my room and I could feel a very dark "heaviness" in the room... For those of you that don't know, I have had a lot of supernatual experiences. I believe in the powers of darkness because I have seen them..God has shown me a lot of how they work..they attack the body..the mind..they attempt to rob all traces of happiness and joy and hope ...they can crush hope...

But I have also seen and witnessed the power and soverignty of an all mighty and loving God....
I fasted and prayed for a few days ...really trying to reach Heaven with these issues...
One night I pressed through in prayer...I told the enemy, in no uncertain terms, that he was not going to steal anything...
The next day, I woke up energized..My energy had returned. The mild depression left...

Sometimes, we need to remember to simply take it back...take back the promises..take back the hope and the joy....stand on the word and tell the enemy, in no uncertain terms, to leave ..

Sometimes when I pray, I continually ask Christ to be more like Him..
The enemy is not afraid of us..
But the enemy trembles at Christ who lives in us...

...I guess I'm saying all of this because my vacation is coming up..and I refuse to let the enemy steal it..
He has done it before...My trip to the Grand  Canyon was filled with horrors beyond imagination.

Sometimes, we simply need to stand firm in Christ and say.."no, you aren't going to steal from me."
He has come that we might have life and have it to the full...

Embrace the full life..
It's a promise that comes through Christ...

So for the next two weeks.. I aim for fullness....
fullness in prayer
and in silent service

I aim for rest and fellowship...

I aim to swing in the hammock in the morning and again in the evening..sipping iced coffees..

I aim to spend time with my sister...maybe go to a nice lunch..or to Starbucks..

I aim to read books with my boys at the bookstore...

and plant lemon trees in the yard...and perhaps some fig and apple trees, as well...

I aim to find as many fruit plants as I can...and plant as many as I want to plant...

I aim to take the boys to the waterpark or simply spray them with the water hose..

I aim to play lots of badminton...and try seasalt carmel truffle ice cream..

I aim to write letters ..

I aim to work on some of the songs that God gave to me...

I aim to pray and spend time with my Creator, reeling in beauty....soaking in the moments..

--
and I won't let the enemy steal it..

Don't let the enemy steal your thunder..
God gave His promises, now stand on them...
Pray for your deliverance..
Prepare to cross the Jordan into the promised land..

No comments:

Post a Comment