Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 8, 2012

George Muller

Tonight, I want to share a really simple but really amazing God story with you. It's a story of great faith, sacrifice, love, and trust in the Father...
It's a story of how God will provide for us when we lay down our lives and trust Him.
I'm not talking about when we spit out wishes and make our demands to Him..but when we do His will and trust.. He provides..

Tonight I want to tell a little bit about the story of George Muller. George Muller was a man who lived in England in the late 1800's.  During that time, there were no orphanages. Children ran the streets with no home. They lived in gutters and sewers. Many were simply forgotten and tossed away like trash.
Children often had to steal food to be able to eat and were children as young as eight years old were often jailed.

Here is a brief paraphrased excerpt from his diary:

Things looked bleak for the children at the orphanage.  It was time for breakfast, and there was no food.  In the dining room, long tables were set with empty plates and empty mugs.  Not only was there no food in the kitchen, there was no money to buy any.
A small girl whose father was a close friend of Mueller was visiting in the home.  Mueller took her hand and said, “Come and see what our Father will do.”

And then he did what he always did when it was mealtime—he prayed. 

“Dear Father, we thank You for what You are going to give us to eat.” 

Immediately, they heard a knock at the door.  When they opened it, there stood the local baker.  “Mr. Mueller,” he said, “I couldn’t sleep last night.  Somehow I had a feeling you had no bread for breakfast, so I got up at 2:00 and baked some fresh bread.  Here it is.”  Mueller thanked him and gave praise to God. 

A few minutes later, there was a second knock.  It was the milkman.  His cart had broken down in front of the orphanage.  He said that rather than let the milk spoil, he would like to give it to the children.  


George Muller had a faith that was inspiring and humbling. In His diary, you can literally see the hand of God working in his life and for the children entrusted in his care.

I have a copy of his book if anyone wants to borrow it..

If not, then I hope you watch this video..
Also, read  this blog... I have a lot of stories where God came through for me time and time again.. He answered very , very specific prayers in ways that only God can..



If nothing else, I hope this post challenges you to ask yourself...am I truly doing God's will and allowing His provision for my life?

It is something that He is pulling me toward, but I still have some hurdles to climb before I get there fully..












No comments:

Post a Comment