Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The Way I see It, Part 2



Well, the election is over..

Truthfully, I am glad..

I think I have seen more hatred tonight than I have seen in a long time.  by looking at the hateful words that I heard...I haved to conclude that many of us are driven by fear more than we are moved by compassion.

We are driven by selfish ambition more than we are driven by self sacrifice.

Tonight, I made an observation on my facebook page. I saw a mother who had lost her son to cancer, bereated for her political comments. People were rude, nasty, and well, just plain dirty to her.

I wrote how we have truly hit the bottom of the barrel as a society. It has nothing to do with our political affiliation, it has everything to do with our lack of love.

We claim Christ but forget that we will be held accountable for our actions and every word that comes out of our mouth. We tout him as a political tool, but tonight I could see the darkness of many hearts.

We refuse to take Christ at His Word and think that our actions are excuseable. We grieve Christ in our hatred. We have a chance to show light to the world, and instead we waste our opportunity on self serving pettiness.

I understand that people fear for our economy. We live in uncertain times. Sometimes, it seems that things hang by a thread. Everywhere I look people seem to be losing their minds.. .. But remember
Christ hasn't given us a spirit of fear..but a spirit of power, of love, and of a sound mind..  We are called to be salt and light in our world..
we aren't called to be driven by fear....we are called to be images of Christ.. We are called to walk in self sacrificial love and show Him through our example. We are called to Trust Him in uncertain times.. because He says that can.

Do you know many times Christ has come through for those who have laid their lives at His feet?
Don't we yet know that even if our economy fails and the world falls apart. ..we can still lay it all at the feet of Christ and He will provide for us when we learn to truly trust Him.   Read the George Muller story ..The Hudson Taylor story..Read my blog.. I can tell you time and time again how God has come through and answered very specific prayers.  He hears us. He hears you.



God is good folks and we shouldn't forget that.
The link above is a beautiful song called, I trust in Jesus..by Third Day.
above all, I trust in Him. Man..people..have failed me many  times, but the love of Christ endures forver..

IN our quest to be right..have we lost our vison of the Cross.. Have some of us never had a vision of the cross? Have we become a culture so immersed in rhetoic and false teachings..that we have failed to take God at His Word?

 But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." Matthew 9:13

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall recieve mercy. Matthew 5:7


Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Matthew 6:26

No comments:

Post a Comment