Total Pageviews

Friday, November 9, 2012

The Embrace

Today, Bren, Dave, and I were at a car dealership. Dave hasn't had a vehicle in a few months, so today he bought himself a jeep.

Little Bear found a colorful little ball and started throwing it around.. It was comical because there was a bouncy ball in every corner in of the dealership today... I picked up a pen and wrote about it..


Right now, I am sitting here watching Baby Brendan play with a tiny rubber ball.
He's chasing it around relentlessly. His tiny arms have only one purpose right now - to clutch that little ball in his sweet, little hands.
Other things are going on around him, but his tree bark brown eyes are focused on the ball.
It kind of reminds of our pursuits in life.
So often, we become focused on a particular goal, a dream, an ambition..
Our arms are open, poised, as if we are trying to capture the world in a net.

But sometimes, when our arms are outstreched, trying to reel in the world..
They are really nothing more than tied up..

Embrace. That is the word that I keep hearing. Now is the time to use our arms for embracing.
Right now, there is a pen in my hand. There are hands touching keys.
My hands are busy and moving, and there is a part of me that feels as if I can capture
the goodness of God and the beauty of His world, in a pen...
But sometimes, the best way to really capture anything..is to put something down.

Lay it down, and embrace.
When our arms are busy waving, and trying to capture the wind, they aren't free to do the embracing
So, for now, I will put down this pen and I will reel in this moment and go and hug my boy.

The days go by too quickly for anything less.  Our love matters. It does make a difference.
So, perhaps if you are reading this.. take a moment and embrace..Embrace your family. Embrace your friends. Embrace the ones who need the gentle touch of love.
It's funny how we try to comlicate the gospel..but isn't the core of the message of Christ..an embrace.
God embraced us when He sent us His son. Christ was God's love letter to us..
I think about Christ on the Cross..I have never thought about it this way before.. but.
Christ's arms were wide open when he died..

as if He were hugging the entire world.


Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Psalms 34:8

Greet one another with a holy kiss 2 Corinthians 13:12

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14





No comments:

Post a Comment