Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

sad day

Today, I am sad. Well, I don't even know if sad covers the emotions that I am feeling. I am learning that if you challenge anyone's way of thinking, people often get angry. They say things that hurt. I'm trying to come to a place where I can "let it go," and still speak what I believe to be the Truth.

Guys, I'm not God. I don't have all of the answers. But the first thing I will tell you is that God has shown me that deception runs deep in our society. Deeper than you could ever imagine. The thing about all of this..is that you don't have to take my word for it...I encourage you to read the Bible for yourselves..seek God on your own..
If you don't like what I have to say, then don't read my blog..don't watch my videos.. You have a choice.
But if you don't agree with me, then please, all I ask is that you don't be ugly to me.

Tell me why I am wrong..that is all I ask..

This life is too short to be immersed in anger. This walk, this path that we are on, is too narrow to get things wrong.

For the past two weeks, I have had a thorn lodged in my thumb. Yesterday, my entire hand started hurting. Today, I noticed that the thorn had caused my entire thumb to swell. I started secretly wondering if my hand wasn't becoming infected. At one point, I actually wondered if an infection could find it's way into my bloodstream and ultimately lead to my death.. I know it sounds far fetched, but I have heard of fatal blood infections that begin with something very small and simple.. like a thorn..Last night, I was at work and my hand was throbbing. I actually had trouble perfoming basic job tasks.

Lately, I feel as if Christ has pointed me to research and learn about false teachings. He has been leading me to read about it in the Bible. Today, He gave me an illustration. False teachings are like the tiny thorn. They seem tiny and insignificant, but they begin to infect the Body of Believers in very serious ways. They get into the bloodstream, and like a poison, they make their way into the heart.  Before you know it, the entire Body is sick and infected.  The fruit becomes evident..selfishness, greed, and a severe lack of love. As a Body of Believers, we each have talents and gifts. We are anoited of the Holy Spirit and false teaching and lies are hurting the Body of Believers in that they are keeping us from performing the tasks or jobs for which we are created.

One word that I have heard as of late is "complacency." We have become content in our walk with Christ, and truthfully, I blame the permeance and infiltration of false teachings.

Jesus showed me something the other day. I was searching the New Testament and I noticed that nearly every book mentioned the danger of false teachings. The apostles said that they would be "among us."

When we think of false teachings, the first thing we have a tendancy to do is point to another religion and refuse to acknowlege that we could be decieved in any way.

It's not my point or purpose to show "people where they are wrong." I simply want people to begin to seek the heart of Christ himself.

 I don't care if you agree with what I have to say, but if you disagree, at least please have the decency and respect for me to peacefully disagree.

One point of trauma for me has been the fact that I have seen money misued in churches. I have friends who have turned away from Christ because they have been hounded for cash.

Last week, I watched a video of a mega preacher by the name of Creflo Dollar who told his congregation that God was going "line up the non tithers" and shoot them. I watched a mega preacher tell his congregation. "It's all about the money, telling them that if they didn't pay a tithe, never to step foot inside of his church again." These men live in extreme wealth, and they preach wide path messages.
That concerns me..and it should concern you, as well.
Jesus tells us to defend the orphans and widow..He tells us to shine the light into the darkness.
Many people say that if you don't tithe, then you are robbing God.
They point to scriptures in the Old Testament where a tithe was imposed upon the Levitical priests.
The other day I simply pointed out that a tithe was a part of the Mosaic Law, or the law of Moses, and that in the New Testament, we are told that we are no longer under the Old Law, but under the New Law of Grace. We are under the law of love and Christ wants us to, and I quote from scripture, "Give generously as we have decided in our hearts and never "under compulsion"
We should never  be "bullied" to give.

I have more on this later. Folks, I don't care if you tithe or not. That is your perogative, I love you regardless. But I am convined that Christ does not want our ten percent. He wants our entire being. HE wants all of us.... He wants to fill us in such a way that we love each other so much that we are willing to lay down our lives for our brother..
Am I wrong for thinking that?
It seems that some think that I am...
I am not here to please man.

Today was a hard day. Even at my job, there is tension.
Push on..move forward..
More posts coming soon..
Love you.
And if anyone wants

4 comments:

  1. well this was most interesting.........I believe our tithes help the church pay for its functioning......(electric, water etc.)and the administrators. And yes there are a lot of false teachers but I believe it is not our place to judge who is false but we need to be aware of them and also that the enemy is very good at deceiving people by planting things in our minds to make us think something is wrong when it is right.....he comes to kill, steal and destroy so if anything in ones life is killed or stolen or destroyed he was involved.....so many of the teachers of the Gospel are targeted by others as false and its because the enemy plants a seed of doubt and people let it grow til they are doing what the enemy wants but think its God.........judging and condemning is not our place.....so many have been accused and investigated but never proven guilty of what they were accused of ....if people dont tithe oh well that is their perogative but what if they are wrong and God still wants our 10% of our first fruits...what is so wrong about giving tithes and if we by chance give to the wrong church then they will have to answer to God not the tither....if we dont have income I believe we can give tithes by giving of oneself to the kingdom ....serving with a cheerful heart........giving also with a giving heart...........just saying

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi lady, how are you doing? I want to address the comments that were left on my blog the other night. I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get back with you. This will prob. be lengthy.. Actually, I'm glad that we can talk. Like I said, if you ever disagree with me, let me know...I know that we have gone through similar things and it is important for Believers to be able to have open discussion without hateful words.
    One thing that I addressed on my blog the other day that you mentioned was false teachers. I think you stated the quote, Judge not lest ye be judged.
    One thing that I believe that Christ has shown me lately is a lot about false teachings and the harm they are doing to the body. There is a verse in the Bible that says to expose false teachings and another verse that says that we are to defend the faith. The only way we can defend the faith and the Word is to make judgements. Jesus says that we will be judged according to the measures in which we judge..But..He says the we should make righteous judgements. - John 7:24..
    Keep in mind that I have no intention to harm anyone..with words or in deed or action. but to deny that there are false teachings..would be to deny the Bible itself.
    For example, I believe that the teachings of the prosperity gospel are a false teaching. I believe that they shift focus away from the cross and the need for self sacrifice . They teach that God wants us to have fine and nice things. But think about Jesus warning to the rich man and how he told us that riches would lead us into many pangs and troubles. Why would someone teach this gospel and disregard the words of Jesus himself? I am going to post a few links for you to consider. Please get back with me on them.
    I think it is healthy to start a diaglouge..
    the other thing that you mentioned was the tithe. I am a FIRM beliver that we should do all we can to support The Body of Believers.. we should help out those who need help..He calls us to "bear one another's burden, clothe the naked, feed the hungry.. But one thing that I believe is the Jesus wants more than our ten percent. He wants us to come to a place where we trust Him and are ok with helping out a brother in need. The tithe was implemented under the Mosaic Law. So was the sacrifice of animals, and stoning people for sins. Paul tells us that we are no longer under the "old law" but under the new law of grace..We are called to be "generous givers ..never giving out of compulsion or fear" but according to what one decides in his own heart.
    I don't judge tithing churches. My church is a tithing church and I love my pastor..but I have seen many poor congregants leave church and turn away from the faith because they are told that they are robbing God.There is a verse in Malachi that talks about robbing God...But do we ever hear the entire chapter of Malachi quoted in a sermon? No..In the Book of Malachi, people were stealing and using force to lay animal sacrifices upon the alter. People were sacrificing sick and wounded calves with defections. God was not pleased with how little they gave and how they tried to cheat Him..
    One thing I do have a problem with is how many rich, rich pastors will live in luxury and teach this verse but not teaching it in it's proper context. Anyhow, I am going to post some links. I know that you may not agree with all I have to say, but I'm glad that we can engage in a healthy dialogue. Not so many are willing to do that anymore..often, when someone disagrees, they will throw stones..that is never my intent..Only to learn the word and speak it as I see it..
    Love you and I will post the links later tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a verse in Malachi that talks about robbing God...But do we ever hear the entire chapter of Malachi quoted in a sermon? No..In the Book of Malachi, people were stealing and using force to lay animal sacrifices upon the alter. People were sacrificing sick and wounded calves with defections. God was not pleased with how little they gave and how they tried to cheat Him..
      One thing I do have a problem with is how many rich, rich pastors will live in luxury and teach this verse but not teaching it in it's proper context. Anyhow, I am going to post some links. I know that you may not agree with all I have to say, but I'm glad that we can engage in a healthy dialogue. Not so many are willing to do that anymore..often, when someone disagrees, they will throw stones..that is never my intent..Only to learn the word and speak it as I see it..
      Love you and I will post the links later tonight :)

      http://www.oldpaths.com/archive/davison/roy/allen/1940/judge.html

      Delete
  3. one more thought that I had..think about Hitler. He was probably one of the most evil dictators of our time..If people questioned what he did..who would have been quick to say, Judge not lest ye be judged..Evil should be pointed out..it is not always judging.."judge with righteous judgment.. To me, it is kindof like Westboro.They are hurting the faith in that they are representatives of Christ. It's wrong to repay evil for evil, but to not call "stench" on what they are doing to grieving families is wrong. How many will turn from the faith because of Westboro..you and I know that HELL IS REAL..that is why we are called to judge righteously..pointing out evil..but getting the beams out our own eyes first and foremost.. Let me know if you agree or disagree..just get back with me when you can..
    Sending love your way

    ReplyDelete