Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 10, 2017

He Confounds the Wise and Reveals Himself to Children

A few years ago, I was in a very deep relationship with Jesus. He was showing me so many things. I began studying. I began researching. I began to question a lot of what I had believed about the way that church is done. I began to consider myself "wise."

It was then that Jesus spoke a verse into my Spirit, "He confounds the wise, and reveals Himself to children."

I immediately realized how wrong I had been. The sin of pride had crept in my heart because I thought I was, in some way, "special".

Imagine the brevity of that verse, "He confounds the Wise, and reveals Himself to children."

The Pharisees, the religious leaders of Jesus' day, were considered wise. Many people looked to them for guidance. They were honored and revered. The Bible says that they wore fancy clothes and loved to be greeted in the marketplace. They said loud prayers and loved attention. They faithfully attended every religious service. They adhered to each and every religious requirement. However, the Bible says

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean.


There is another verse in the Bible that says that many people were bringing children to Jesus. The disciples tried to stop them, but Jesus said, 

"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

Here, we learn that Bible knowledge and leadership are NOT a prerequisite for entering the Kingdom of Heaven, but those willing to have the faith and love of a child. Those, willing to put their trust in a loving Father.

He reveals Himself to Children. We must become, as children.
Have we allowed Him to restore our innocence? Are we trusting Him as a child would trust a loving Father? Are we clouded by the pride of our religious knowledge? Have we become as Pharisees with cold hearts toward our brothers and sisters, and "the least of these?"

Jesus came to show us that His ways are not our ways. He demonstrated true leadership by washing the feet of His disciples. Do our leaders look like Jesus or are they simply, wise? Jesus longs to lead us. The Spirit longs to teach us. He is our Shepherd.

Just some food for thought.
He loves us.
Seek Him and you will find.

No comments:

Post a Comment