Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Gossip-y Women

"They Honor Me With Their Lips, But Their Hearts are Far From Me"

Several years ago I was at a religious function. I accidentally overheard a few ladies in the next room talking very negatively about another person. I think that person was me. Truthfully, I'm not bothered by it anymore, but lately I've been remembering. Tonight, however, I'm going to lay it down and just pray for them. Even Jesus said to bless those who curse you and to love those who spitefully use you.

Jesus said that there would be many who would misrepresent Him. He told us that there would be many who would "have a form of godliness" but would deny the power, thereof.  I've seen it time and time again. Sometimes, I wonder if people actually read their Bibles or seek to know Jesus at all. We live in an age where it is acceptable for people to cheat on their wives and then cart the family off to church on Sunday.

"a form of godliness"

what does that even mean? It means that many people will look religious but will lack the love of Jesus. I know that I'm not perfect. I struggle. I lose my patience, at times. But if there is one thing I do know, it is this

1. Our religion won't save us. (One whose religion is pure is one who cares for orphans and widows)
2.  Our politics won't save us."Give back to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's. Mark 12:17
3. Our leaders won't save us. (The Lord is My Shepherd, but that is another story for a different day)
4. Our good works and religious appearance won't save us (even the Pharisees had that going for them)
5.Pastor Tim, Ted, Tony, or Travis won't save us. (Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12)
5. Our churches won't save us. "The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. Acts 17:24

We are only saved and redeemed by the blood of Jesus Christ. He longs to work in our hearts to transform us. Are we letting Him in? Or are we content with our "forms of godliness"
Are we denying the power thereof? The power is the Cross and it's ability to transform our lives into the image of Jesus.
Are we seeking Him? Or are we content to just hear a message once a week and call it good? Jesus is real, and He longs to work in our lives. He longs to make us into His image. He longs to give us "beauty for ashes"

He loves us.

Once again, I know that I am not perfect, but I am learning to lean of Jesus and when I feel the desire to speak against others or when I am tempted to act in hatred, I just have to give it to Him and He takes it from me. He will do the same for you.

And that is all.

for now.

You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44But I tell you, loveyour enemies and pray for those who persecute you,45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven.

Taming the Tongue
1Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.
3When we put bits into the mouths of horses to make them obey us, we can turn the whole animal. 4Or take ships as an example. Although they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the pilot wants to go. 5Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark. 6The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole body, sets the whole course of one’s life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.
7All kinds of animals, birds, reptiles and sea creatures are being tamed and have been tamed by mankind, 8but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison.
9With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness. 10Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers and sisters, this should not be.11Can both fresh water and salt water flow from the same spring? 12My brothers and sisters, can a fig tree bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Neither can a salt spring produce fresh water.



No comments:

Post a Comment