Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Everyday Heroes of Hurricane Harvey

This past week has been chaos for the surrounding areas. Flood waters from Hurricane Harvey have ravaged many lives. Thousands of people are without homes, without food, and basic necessities.

My Facebook feed is filled with images of pain and suffering. Despite all of the sadness, however, a group of every day heroes has emerged.

I have seen people clothing the naked.
I have seen people feeding the hungry.
I have seen people sheltering the homeless.
I have seen brave men and women volunteering their time and resources to reach out to others in need.
Through this darkness, I have seen the face of Jesus in my community.

Today, I went to a local church that is being used as a distribution center for evacuees, and I saw cases and cases of donated water. It reminded me of the verse,  "Indeed, if anyone gives you even a cup of water because you bear the name of Christ, truly I tell you, he will never lose his reward."

My heart hurts for those suffering, and yet my heart is full because the people in my community are shining their lights in the darkness. 


Throughout this hurricane, I have seen no racial divides. I have seen no denomination division. 
I have only seen people loving like Jesus.

And That is beautiful, my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment