Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mommy, I'm a robot

Bear eating a blackberry. he thinks they are gross! I think this was his first taste

Bear holding his mickey...

a boy and his stuffed mickey doll..sigh..my heart is melting..

everyday I fall more and more in love with my boys. I didn't think it was possible, but I find that, as more love is given..the heart swells open even more..creating more room to give and receive love.

As mothers, we often search for meaning and purpose. One day I was pushing my little "bear" in a stroller and God whispered something to me.. This is what I was made for..love..to love and nurture this beautiful and wonderful child. To spend time with him. To build him..to encourage him in the most gentle and loving of ways.. to teach him and show him the very ways of God  through my example and actions.

I love my Brendan "bear." Right now, a part of me simply just wants to talk about him..his little quirks. I like writing about the things I love..and there is nothing that I love more than God and my two boys.  Some days I don't want to write about lessons or stories or things that happen..some days I simply want to write about my children. Because one day, when they are grown..I know I can always come back to this corner of the web and remember. 

today, little bear grabbed his mickey doll and wanted to play outside. he carried it around with him everywhere he went. He saw the neighbors and walked over to say hello. he invited himself into thier home and offered to help pick leaves up out of thier yard. He is a natural born helper.
he is quick to offer his assistance anytime it is needed. He helps put away the dishes..he picks up his toys.
he spins around and around and says, "I'm a robot."

He never sits still and I love that about him. He is a worker. He is a lover of life..

I love how he cuddles up next to me and says, "hold me like a rabbit." and then says, "woof, woof" in the tiniest and sweetest voice.
I love how on some days his eyes look green and other days they are the color of mud.
I love how he wants to help me pick blackberries..
I love how he calls chocolate milk, "choc."
I love my baby bear...

 "Train up a child in the ways that he should go, and surely, he will not depart from it."

No comments:

Post a Comment