Total Pageviews

Monday, April 16, 2012

Life, The Musical



Spider Lilies?


I love musicals. I remember when I was about 18 years old.. I thought it was strange that people talked.. The world, it seemed, would be better lived, if everyone just sang.


Why not? I thought that happiness should spill over..first from the heart and then burst out....from the lips..
singing seemed more natural than simply speaking.


I worked at a restaurant and I used to try to engage everyone in song. I thought that life should be a dance number....Choreographed to fit any mood or situation.


everyone thought I must have been on some sort of drug..but, in truth, I was just happy.


My family sings. My parents will belt out a tune while cooking dinner or doing housework.


For years, the enemy stole my song..
but Jesus gave it back.


and now, I am back to relishing in the "musical" of daily living.


I hum a tune and I recognize the sound..
Joy!

Don't let the enemy steal your song. You have your very own melody..you are a living song..music, winding along through life, changing the directions of rivers and streams..  You are the music!

Psalm 95:2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.
 





Then you will recite to one another psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs; you will sing and make music to the Lord with your hearts; Ephesians 5:19


Psalm 87:7 "Singers and dancers alike say, 'All my springs are in You.' "

Psalm 92:1 "It is good to praise the Lord and make music to your name, O most High, to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night, to the music of the ten-stringed lyre and the melody of the harp. For you make me glad by your deeds, O Lord; I sing for joy at the works of Your hands."

No comments:

Post a Comment