Total Pageviews

Friday, April 6, 2012

Musings of an Island Girl, Photoshoot of Big Lake Island Part 2

The day I took set out and took these pictures was a Sunday. I was at church and I happened upon a verse...

 

Job 12:7-10

“But ask the animals, and they will teach you,
   or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you;
or speak to the earth, and it will teach you,
   or let the fish in the sea inform you.
Which of all these does not know
   that the hand of the LORD has done this?
In his hand is the life of every creature
   and the breath of all mankind.

I have always noticed how nature mimics humanity. Have you ever watched a hummingbird?
Have you noticed the deception? Hummingbirds are the smallest of creatures. They are beautiful and seem so frail..yet, as you watch them..they fight ..they seem ridiculously greedy almost as they try to fight over the sweet, red colored water...their behavior says something. "looks can be deceptive."

or what about the seahorse? did you know that the male seahorse carries around the babies in a tiny pouch. I wonder what this says about fatherhood?

there are animals that abandon thier children..and animals that will fiercely protect thier young.  Truthfully, I have no idea where this is going..but I found the verse interesting..
especially as I set out for the day to enjoy nature. 


Bridge over troubled waters? or simply a bridge? you decide.

I love this outdoor church. I have never attended a service here..but I love the idea of worshipping outdoors. Why bother with mulit million mega structures when God could be just as glorified ..with the bare necessities..what could be more beautiful than singing praises to God while adoring His creation. An outdoor church? I rather fancy the idea. I read Crazy Love by Francis Chan. Francis proposed that instead of building a multi million mega center..they build an outdoor ampitheather and use the money to reach out to the lost... That makes sense.  I like how he donated one hundred percent of the proceeds of his book to combat human trafficking. He was criticized and asked, "what if you need that money for an emerengy." He replied..Isn't human trafficking an emergency...?
I love Francis Chan.

I love this Cross. I love the colors.



This space speaks to me...I don't quite know what is says...maybe it is saying.."pull up a chair."  Well, probaly not..that would be considered trespassing. I'll stay on my side of the fence..
This picture reminds me of a verse... This is a huge old, oak tree...

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me,
   because the LORD has anointed me
   to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
   to proclaim freedom for the captives
   and release from darkness for the prisoners,
2 to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor
   and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
 3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
   instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
   instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
   instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
   a planting of the LORD
   for the display of his splendor.

I want to be an Oak. Lord, let my roots go deep..lead me beside the still waters and let me be as a tree planted by the waters..
so deeply rooted as to not sway, or bend, or break... I shall not be moved.

I don't know why but this reminds me of Italy..although I have never been ...


 pathway to the sea...

this is known as Dead Man's Curve. I think someone died here long ago..

The island is cordoned off with two pontoon bridges. This one is closed for repairs. The only way on and off the island is to cross the bridge. There is often long waiting periods to leave. The bridge teaches patience.

Some old boats in what appears to be a boat graveyard...





I love the blue color of this house!

One of thing about the island is the green..The green stands out. It is everywhere. Greens of all shades and hues. Green in the form of tallows and oaks and swamp grass. Green in the leaves of crepe mytle and azelias.  There is no shortage of green.

a barge going thru the intercoastal canal as I wait patiently at the bridge

my angel, Brendan Bear.
Me..the island girl...

We stopped for a moment a Krisi's. Krisit is expecting her first boy! She is a beautiful girl who goes to our church. Today, she was throwing a birthday party for her girls :)

I saw this man riding his horse along the side of the road. That is Big Lake...horses on the side of the road.. I took this from inside the car..that is why it is a little fuzzy.

blue skies...an abundance of blue!
palm tree by the water

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures and the insight to God's love and his creation..Yes God says so much through nature..if we will only listen...beautiful keep posting..

    ReplyDelete