Total Pageviews

Monday, April 16, 2012

Im sorry Babe, but I will not cover for you

“So have no fear of them, for nothing is covered that will not be revealed, or hidden that will not be known. What I tell you in the dark, say in the light, and what you hear whispered, proclaim on the housetops. And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." Matthew 10:26-28


Proverbs 10:9  The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out.
Ecclesiastes 12:14  For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.


______________

I think about lies.

I have dealt with lies two times in the past two days.

I am going to tell a brief story about what happened.

Names and locations will not be used in order to protect "the innocent."

There will probably be a lot of cute little quotations..since I am being  "discreet."

The other day there was an "accident."  Someone I know was involved. Let's call him "X" for privacy purposes.

Nothing major..just a little mishap that could have been easily prevented. It could have turned ugly, but I had a feeling that it wouldn't...

Well, "X" made a little mistake..

"X" came up to me with a contrived, made up story about what "really happened."

"X" wanted me to "cover" for him... basically, "X" wanted me  to lie.

I like "X".. I like "X's" company.

I stood there, with my stomach rising up to my throat...

This is one of  those moments..where you know a lie is wrong..you know it..you can feel it in the gut..but you realize that if you tell "X" that you won't "cover for him" then , chances are, he is going to hate you.  And, as lover of people, that is  the last thing you want...people to hate you.

So, I stood there, as "X" rushed off to tell his lie. 

I hate lies.  When I first became a Christian, I knew that, one day, God was going to give me something important to say. So, I did the hard thing. I went to people that I had lied to..I told them the truth. I told them that God had completly changed my life and that I was sorry for my lie.
The  truth had set me free.

Fastforward to the not too distant past.... I stood there remembering the verses that say that liars will burn in a fiery lake..and that all things hidden will be revealed..and I knew that, no matter the consequence, no matter the ugly glares and the risk of being hated by a liked person..
I knew that I could not cover for "X"

I knew that lies, even when glazed over with even a few, minor falsities, are still lies.

Shortly thereafter, someone approached me about the "accident"
What happened?, they inquired..

My stomach clenched, I knew that I had to tell them...If I had lied, there would have been a whole downward spiral of one lie leading to another..
So, I revealed what really happened, but explained that I hope and pray that there are no consequences for "X"

Well, thankfully, the 'accident' turned out to be very minor..
but lies are not something that I consider something to sweep under the rug. They are spirtual death and I am amazed at the number of self proclaiming Christians that deem it "ok" to lie.  Perhaps, they don't believe they have anything important to say..so they make up stories..and perpetrate lies..

I have a message..
"X", I'm sorry babe, but  I will not cover for you. Love means telling the truth no matter how much you will be hated or scorned. 
"X" there is no need to lie. You would amazed at the amount of respect people will have for you if you simply told the  truth. There is integrity in telling the truth. Suck it up, tell the truth, and  be a man.
"X"  I love you and am praying for you because I believe in the soul and I fear the consequence of lies.  "X" I know you were trying to protect yourself..but I believe in the verse that says, "if you try to protect your life, you will surely lose it."  I don't want the protection that lies have to offer. I'll stick with promises of Jesus.. "X" I know I"m not perfect, but I am willing to admit my mistakes and suffer the consquences...

"X" you are my friend and the last thing a friend should do is lie for you. It's not going to happen on my watch.

XOXO,

Rachelle


I  wrote this poem...it speaks of the hidden dangers of Lies...how lies destroy!


Lies..
the subtle echo of darkness
cloaked, as a clown, with
a smile...

but the smile is deadly
it hides a true intent,
a heart of darkness
the smile of meniacal clowns..

behind the face of laughter
are eyes of fire....
an all consuming fire that seeks
to destroy

Trust...
the pact, our bond of words
without it,
our words mean nothing...
our words are air
empty, meaningless, air...

air that sits in chimneys
stale, coughing, choking in fumes
blowing out smoke
and dust
and death

Lies..
how innocent a string of words
that have no meaning...
how innocent...our white utterances..that
we cover our mouths to try to hide...

eat this fruit, nothing will happen,
chaos ensues
lies.

Lies..
the root of the darkness
grasps the tongue, and the devil bids us speak..
Lies.

Lies. Lies. Lies. Lies. Lies.

tongues of invisible weeds
syallables in sucession
twist and thwart
around the heart
and choke out Light
that helps us grow

Lies.

subtle as a cherry falling on the ground
a cherry
plump and savory
but the inside is bitter
the taste is rot

Lies.

Lies. lies. lies. lies. lies. lies. lies.



No comments:

Post a Comment