Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Magic

I recently read a book by Corrie Ten Boom. Corrie Ten Boom was a Christian woman who helped people during time of the war with Germany. She wrote a book about a lot of the evil things that she dealt with and saw called, Defeated Enemies.

She spoke of how God led her to help many people who needed deliverance from the evil and demonic that had settled in their lives.  Many people had unknowingly invited evil through participating in things like fortune telling, astrology, wearing "healing" amulets, and the list goes on..

I began to look at my own life and realized that there was a lot of things in my past that I had done unknowingly and unwittingly that related to witchcraft.

I played a game called, "the pyschic game" ..I participated in something that a family member showed me.. I didn't even know it had a name, but it was called raitheolgy.. I never played a Ouji board but that would apply as one of those seemingly innocent things that aren't so innocent.

Some people are going to be outright shocked, but last week, I threw away my Harry Potter  books.  I remember after reading them, having a slight interest in magic.. I never thought of becoming a witch by any means, but I do recall having an interest in magic and finding myself lingering toward that section of the bookstore.

I also used to read my horoscope to get my answers about relationships. It started off as something fun, but I began to put some stock in it and it led me down some seriously dark places.

The other day I was watching a cartoon on cartoon network with my two year old. I was amazed when they brought out the "universe board" It was really a ouiji board for contacting spirits but they called it a "universe" board on the cartoon.  I was recently watching Yo Gabba Gabba with my son and they brought out the magic crystals, something that is practiced in new age religions for healings.
I've become aware of how magic has infiltrated our society as something innocent,but God warns of its power and dangers in His Word...
Here is a link with some scriptual verses http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-occult.html 

I've been doing some housecleaning and plan to get rid of some kids games that feature magic.
I guess the point I'm trying to make is that these things can really have a hold on our life. It's is God's will for us to be victorious over the enemy and often, we unknowingly and unwittingly invite him in without even realizing it..even through things that seem innocent.

I can understand why God would hate magic so much. It is demonic whether we see as such or not. The demonic is that which is out to destroy us. Satan will do anything he can to keep us from coming into the truth and knowlege of God. Magic offers false knowledge and feel good concepts to lure us into what we perceive as a truth.  Allowing these things in our life gives the enemy a foothold into it..

Think of the parable of the sower..the enemy desires to steal away what God has planted in us..When we walk with him in darkness and do things that displease God, this gives him an opporunity to do that. 
The result are rootless people and spiritual death.


Then He spoke many things to them in parables, saying: “Behold, a sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seed fell by the wayside; and the birds came and devoured them. 5 Some fell on stony places, where they did not have much earth; they immediately sprang up because they had no depth of earth. 6 But when the sun was up they were scorched, and because they had no root they withered away. 7 And some fell among thorns, and the thorns sprang up and choked them. 8 But others fell on good ground and yielded a crop, some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. 9 He who has ears to hear, let him hear.”
10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do you speak to them in parables?” 11 He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him. 13 Therefore I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says:
‘Hearing you will hear and shall not understand,

and seeing you will see and not perceive; 15
for the hearts of this people have grown dull.
Their ears are hard of hearing,
and their eyes they have closed,
lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears,
lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
so that I should heal them.’
16 But blessed are your eyes for they see, and your ears for they hear; 17
or assuredly, I say to you that many prophets and righteous men desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.
18 Therefore, hear the parable of the sower: 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom, and does not understand it, then the wicked one comes and snatches away what was sown in his heart. This is he who received seed by the wayside. 20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles. 22 Now he who received seed among the thorns is he who hears the word, and the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and he becomes unfruitful, 23 But he who received seed on the good ground is he who hears the word and understands it, who indeed bears fruit and produces: some a hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.”

No comments:

Post a Comment