Total Pageviews

Friday, October 26, 2012

Creation , A Musing

Warning: This post may sound strange to some.. It is the sum of me, thinking out loud.

Lately my oldest son and I have enjoyed watching documentaries that teach about the universe. There are several topics that we have seen thus far..ranging from black holes, all the way to how stars are formed.

I am mesmerized everytime I watch. I stand in awe at God's Creation. Many people believe that science and God are independent of one another, but I believe that science explains the complexity of our world. Science is a attempt to explain the universe, without, of course, offering anything of the spirit world. Of course, science doesn't even recognize a spirit world, but I know otherwise..

Anyhow, as I was watching this documentary..I began to draw parallels from my own experiences.

Do you know stars are formed? New stars are formed all of the time, and they are formed through things like heat, temperatures, pressures...

Ok, this is going to sound strange, but I want to tell you of a dream that I had one time. It was a God Dream.

One night, God had asked me to give up some things. He wanted to teach me that "material possessions" don't matter all that much. Well, anyway, I agreed to give up some stuff..that I had once highly prized.

Well, that night..I had the most amazing dream. I dreamt that Jesus was standing in a place that went on forever. There was no end to the place where Jesus was standing. Next to Him, was a brilliant ball of light. It was so pure that it was white..and it flickered like gold. It was beautiful...
Even more than the appearance of the light was the feeling that I had in it's prescence. There was an unfathomable amount of joy and peace in the prescence of that light.

I woke up and asked Jesus what the dream meant. He told me that, as Christians, each of us has that light within us..and it is our DUTY to share it with others.

That day, I looked inside my Bible and I saw a verse that read.. "God is a light, and in Him, there is no darkness at all."

Ok, here is where things get strange. I believe that God undoubtedly created the universe. Last week a friend and I were talking about Creation. He said that he believed in God, but couldn't understand creation.

Well, here is my musing..

God is a Light
 What does Light create? ...

Light creates heat. Heat is one of the things necessary to create in our plantary systems..

I have a very dear friend who wrote about his healing from God. He had pancreatic cancer. One day he began to thank God in the midst of his disease and he said that he felt heat radiating through his entire body. He knew then that it was God and that he was healed.

ON another note..and this is really strange so bear with me.. 
I have often faced the demonic. One night, something very strange happened to me. I was a new Christian in Christ and I had first started writing.  I felt a something enter my room. The room got really cold..very fast.. I heard a whisper in my ear..something in a language that I couldn't even understand. At first, I was afraid, but, as I grew in the Word and learned that we have authority over the darkness in the name of Jesus, those fears disappated..
Ironically, a girl I know told me that she had a very similar experience.

That experience was strange, and I find it interesting to associate the darkness with cold.
Perhaps darkness is the absence of light..
Light. Heat.
Darkness. Cold..

I'm still thinking out loud.

Yesterday, I mentioned my "out loud" thinking..parallels to my husband.
Do you know what he told me?

Have you ever heard of the Shroud of Turin?

The Shroud of Turin is the cloth that Jesus was buried in. When He was resurected, His shroud was left in the tomb. The amazing thing about His shroud was that ...it bore His image.
My husband said that he watched a documentary on the shroud of Turin.. They said that they could not explain how the image was transferred onto the shroud. It appeared to them that a huge ray of light was the only thing that could've marked the image.. They concluded that there were no natural light sources strong enough back then to create such an image. 
Jesus was filled with such a light that it bore His image on a shroud.

I also find it interesting that "in the beginning, there was darkness, but then God created light."
IT never says that God created the darkness. Was the darkness already here?

I love learning about black holes.
Have you ever seen "The Neverending Story?"
Remember, "The Nothing.?"
Black holes are like The Nothing. They literally eat and destroy everything around them.
In my experience with the demonic..they are like black holes.. they destroy. There is no light..there is coldness. They are the source of all fear and lies.

Even the Bible says.. "The enemy comes to steal, kill, and destroy, But I have come that you might have life and have it to the full"

Back to my thoughts on Creation..

They say that the earth formed with a bang..
Maybe it did.. Maybe God, in all of His glory, in all of His light..creating  something out the darkness..created a bang. A really, really big one. Maybe a bang was His plan. A big, hot bang

well, that is my strange musing. What are your thoughts?






No comments:

Post a Comment