Total Pageviews

Monday, October 22, 2012

The Debate

To be honest, I am not a political person. It's not that I'm uneducated...It's not that I don't care about real issues. I do care..
Everyday of my life, I pray to my Father to help me to be a light to others. You see, His light is lifechanging. I try to carry it with me to women's centers, the grocery store, my next door neighbor, the nursing home, I try to carry it into unexpected places.

This post isn't about politics. Tonight, I posted on facebook about how extremely tired I am of seeing all of the name calling and hatred..all in the name of politics.

Whatever happened to the old fashioned idea of respecting other's beliefs?

I get especially hurt when I see my own Christian brothers and sisters tossing out words calling another candidate names that I refuse to even mention.. but most involve human excrement.

Is this what we have become? Sometimes, I want to shout out.. Whatever happened to that little thing called, "class?"  Prove to me that your vocabulary is bigger than a four letter word, and you have my respect.

I can honestly say that I truly love all people. I don't agree with everyone on all matters, ..but Christ never put red tape around His command to love others.

I love my Republican friends and my Democratic friends. I realize that politics is a lot broader scope than most people realize.

My favorite blog writer once posed the question..she wondered out loud : Who would Jesus vote for?
 She answered:
Jesus is on the side of the man with no advocate to speak of...

I add to that..
He walked with the lepers when no one would touch them.
He was on the side of the poor, the downtrodden, the forgotton, the abused.
He never wanted to see anyone fail and the one thing that He hated the most was hypocracy.

One thing that bothers me is when a canidate uses God as a tool for His platform..
If God is being used to collect votes, then I call that hyprocracy.
Especially if the candidate's life looks nothing like the true Christ.

One thing I realize is that we don't live in a perfect world. The world is a sad, sad place.
The things that are wrong go deep. We live in a world full of lies, selfishness, arrogance, greed, hypocracy. We put ourselves over our fellow man and have no qualms about name calling and finger pointing. We play judge and jury.
NO politican can change or fix matters involving the heart. Only my God can change those things.

Do you want to know what the world just might look like if everyone surrended to Christ and developed His perfect character and followed His perfect law?

There would be no lies.
There would be no adultery.
There would be no greed.
There would be no rape or incest.
There would be no murder.
People would love their neighbors and consider others as better than themselves. People would give and share and actually work together to make communities work.... Families would love on one another instead of fault finding and true relationships would be developed.
Why are people so against that?

Would Jesus start wars with other countries and then use His Father as justification? Try explain to Jesus that His Children are illegal? ( in reference to illegal immigration)
Didn't we come to America as "illegals" and then take, by force, land away from the Indians?

Just some outloud thinking.

As human beings has our sense of entitlement trumphed over our call to be merciful and to clothe and feed our brothers and sisters?
If the Bible were actually followed..we would all work. There would be no free rides..But..there would also be no greed nor selfishness among us.

Just some important questions that no politican will ever answer.


Comments are welcome, as I value your opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment