|because nothing is ever really random.....|
Those kind of things inspire me.
Kindness is inspiring. There doesn't seem to be an overabundance of kindness in the world..There seems to be a critical shortage.
Don't get me wrong, I have met some amazing people who live out love every single day of thier lives...but, for the most part, people are lost..aimlessly wandering..searching..looking for answers the questions of life..many people are spreading hate without even realizing it..Gossiping, criticising..endlessly complaining in a world of push and shove.
The other day I was thinking about random acts of kindness. I had a thought. Random acts of kindness are never really random. They are deliberate. They are birthed from hearts that look like God's. Love is inhaled. Love is exhaled through kindness...
I like the anyonymity of the whole random act of kindness thing...I like the idea of being loved by someone who doesn't know me.
The other day, the boys and I did a few of our own random acts of kindness. This list, however, is mostly comprised of a list of things I've done and things I would like to do..Consider it part one..of the story of my life..
First off, before I publish this...I don't want anyone calling me a "good person." The truth is that before Christ came into my heart..I was a liar. I was base and disgusting. I am living proof of the transforming power of Christ. I am not a good person. I am a renewed soul. Maybe that sounds silly, but so be it...
I hope you enjoy these deliberate acts of Love...
|one of my favorite places....|
|In heaven, there are flowers that do NOT die..!!|
2. Flowers on cars. The other day, the boys and I bought some flowers. The kind that do not die. Some days, Jesus shows me little pieces of Heaven. There will be an abundance of laughter and flowers that never die. Everything there lives forever. People need hope. Heaven is hope. Today, I wanted to remind people that no matter how dismal things may appear. Though Death will eventually claim our bodies..there are flowers in Heaven that do not die. Nothing dies in Heaven. Sometimes, I think people need to hear that. It is Truth.
|Olivia, my niece with bears!|
Some of the bears are set to go to the Burn Hospital in Baton Rouge. I haven't had a chance to bring them yet, but am planning a trip in the near future. I once read that one of the worst pains that one could ever experience is a severe burn. I am writing letters to the children telling them how beautiful they are..and bringing bears!
|handmade, crocheted baby booties!|
There is nothing sweeter and cuter than baby feet. There is nothing more miraculous and wonderful than a new life...
|My son, Brendan "bear" and Alicelynn|
|Christmas Cards for the Homeless..|
6. Christmas Cards for the homeless. This Christmas I did something different. I gave out gifts and cards to the homeless. I began to wonder..When do you think the last time a homeless person received a Christmas card? Have they ever recieved one? When is the last time anyone gave them anything out of love? Without strings attatched? As a society, we have largely forgotten that Christmas is about love. God set aside a day to give His only Son to the world..that we might Live..but instead of honoring that act...Christmas has become a holiday set aside for a man in a red suit, holiday food, and expensive gifts. The root of Christmas is love. This year, I wanted to go back to the root of Christmas and simply make it about love. I wrote individual notes to each person at our local shelter. My uncle Ray helped me to purchase blankets. I bought new, fresh socks..My mom and I put it all together in a bag of love, and brought our packages to the Salvation Army's homeless shelter for men. I hope that those men felt loved that day. I hope that, whoever you are reading this..I hope that you feel loved too...Because you are.
|This particular journal was bought for a young girl...|
7. Women's Journals..One day, I was strolling through the bookstore, and I saw a huge sale on journals. I thought it would be lovely to buy some journals for women in the local homeless shelter. I chose journals because I wanted women to realize that no matter where they are in life..their thoughts are important. I want women to realize that they are special no matter what size lemons life has handed them.. My mom and I stayed up late writing messages in the journals. We wrote from the book of Isaiah. There is a verse that promises beauty for ashes. Upon delivering the journals to the shelter, I learned that there were several children living in the shelter, as well. I began to realize how much we take for granted. I was sad that a child would have to grow up without having the security of a home. If more people shared..If more people gave a little bit more..then, life would look drastically different. Many people would have a fighting chance, and the world would look a bit more like Heaven. Reader, whoever you are..no matter where you may be in this life- Your thoughts matter. Write them down. Tell them to God. He hears you, and He longs to heal your brokenness.
8. I've always wanted to logon to the Compassion International website and buy an animal for a family. You can buy goats, chickens and a bevy of other animals to help sustain a family. Jesus said "Feed my sheep." By sheep, He meant people. There are too many hungry people in the world and far too much waste.
Find out more about feeding the hungry at : http://www.compassion.com/
9. Rewarding the faithful. Jesus said to bless those that bless others. Goodness and faithfulness isn't celebrated enough. Instead, it seems that society often rewards bad behavior. Examples are everywhere. I follow a few inspiring blogs whose writers live the gospel. They don't just speak it..They actually live it.. One writer has given up a bank account, car, and the American Dream to work in an orphanage in Mexico. She shares stories of how God is using her to touch the lives of children without mothers and fathers. The blog is titled, Caroline in Mexico. Another blog I follow, Terribly Interesting, is written by a beautiful woman by the name of Stephanie Cherry. Stephanie and her family are the owners of Gomer's House. They decided that they were going to sell their home in the suburbs and restore a one hundred year old home in a drug addicted neighborhood. They see that restoration is more than just about fixing up a home. They minister to people in the area and open thier home as a respite for people in ministry and the hurting. Caroline in Mexico is in need of some books for the children at the orphange. This week, I hope to help Caroline with her wish.
Stephanie of Gomer's house is in need of things for her home. This week, I hope to buy her a nice new set of wind chimes. You would have to read her blog to understand...The moral of this long story is that God Blesses those who bless others. What act of love could be more wonderful than helping someone who is helping someone else. It looks like a beautiful rainbow of love..It extends far and wide and the colors reach those who need it most.
10. Purple plastic stripey cups and bubbles. The other day I found the cutest little purple plastic cup at the Dollar Tree. I am going to leave it on someone's car and tell them that I want thier life's cup to "run over." I am going to tell them that gratitude is seeing life's cup as always full, even when you seem to be staring into the glass bottom. I am going to leave bubbles to remind them to be childlike. To sum it all up, I want to be a light. I want people to see Jesus in me. I want to cause people to question the path that they are on and see that freedom and love comes through Christ Jesus. He is the Way, The Truth, and the Life. I know in my heart that I could spend all of my time on works..but I know that only Christ can truly change a heart. I know that love is found at the foot of the Cross, and the more I seek, the more I find. I know that so often we are occupied with our own lives..that we forget to love others. Ask God to change that. I am confident that He will. Lovers keep loving. Writers keep writing. Singers, sing on...Do everything for the glory of God. Use the talent that He gave you for deliberate acts of love. Love often. Love with purpose. Love with purity. Love anonymously. I have a cousin that crochets hats for cancer patients. Crocheters..keep crocheting. Painters, keep painting.. You are creative and you were made for a purpose. And that is to love. "And the Greatest of these is Love."
God Bless all you Random Acts of Kindness people. You are really loving and loving deliberately.
She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. Proverbs 31:26