Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

be the spark

Last year, I had the most amazing vision.
I was driving home from the Grand Canyon and God showed me something.
To some, the vision may seem strange.
To me, it speaks of beauty.

I saw a thousand people marching on rough terrain. Their climb was difficult. Thier journey long.
But each silent soujourner was filled with an insurmountable peace. Each person carried a lantern, the living, breathing fire of God...They were marching towards something..They were carrying thier crosses of love and marching toward the purpose set before them. They were of one mind and thier hearts beat in tune with the very heartbeat of God..

God spoke to me and said, "It only takes one spark to light a thousand lives." 

It may sounds strange, but it's true... God tells us not to hide our lampstands under bushels or baskets..

We are the spark. Our actions, for and through Christ, changes things. Molds things.

Through Christ, we make things beautiful. We are vessels of His light..

I love how Christ can make the broken, beautiful...

Even vessels that are broken..when filled, light somehow shines through all the cracks and holes and imperfections....

One day I did something adventerous. I planted notes all over the supermarket. ..notes that told people that they could be the spark that lights a thousand lives. I wanted to remind people that thier lives are not in vain... there is a brilliant purpose....a purpose that shines brighter than the sun or the sum of all stars..

As mothers, we are sparks..the bedtime kisses on foreheads..the love of tucking in...
the sizzling of bacon in a pan..that love is a spark that will hopefully light our children's lives. Our love, our prayers ,are sparks that point them in the direction of God...As mothers, our lives should be the compass that leads to life...

As women, we are sparks.....
the beauty, the confidence we carry.. our faith lights the way for others to see God's Truth.

As writers...our words are sparks
As singers, our songs..
As housekeepers, or workers... our toil is a spark.. sacrifice is the fuel that lights it....

When we live and breathe so that God may be glorified, we become sparks that light up the world.
and our sacrifices, our talents, our praise provides fuel...and suddenly, we are candles..flickering, living ..and illuminating...

Our dark world needs light.  Our kind words, like honey, pour like liquid light from our lips....
But our criticism....somehow mutes it..

Our hugs...even our touch, when birthed of love, is a spark.
But our anger, our wrath..our unforgiveness somehow mutes it...

I am tired of living in a mute world. I long for sound. I long for color.
How can color be seen when there is no light?
It can't..
The world sits silently cloaked in grey. The world ceases to bloom without light.
Like a flower needs light to grow, we need God's light to flourish.

I am weary of living in a world where people hide thier beautiful lights.
Jesus is the light of the world..when we share Him..we become the sparks......

When we share our light, we bring a small of piece of heaven to earth..
Our love...God's love..is the spark..


BE THE SPARK! Give something up to God...love,  praise...and become the spark...
.

Isaiah 42:16 
I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.

Matthew 5:13-16
You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.  "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

Psalm 18:28 
You, O LORD, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.

No comments:

Post a Comment