Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Breakthrough

I haven't felt much like writing lately....I know that if the Enemy had his way, I would lie down..stagnant...and do nothing...No writing..no bears..no baby booties......nothing....

So tonight, even though I don't Feel like writing, I write....

I know that I have harped upon my maritial situation on this blog several times....
I have had reason to be angry and hurt.

The other day I went to the bookstore and i began to read a book in the Christian section entitled, Akiane, Her life, her Art, her poetry....

Akiane was a very very young girl born to athiest parents. At the age of 4 she began to have dreams of Jesus... She began to draw and paint many of the things she saw and claimed they were inspired by God.

The artwork of this young girl is breathtaking. I can't even begin to describe it. She has been hailed as a child prodigy, but gives credit for everything to Jesus...

In her book, she describes heaven, the music of heaven....

Has anyone ever read the book Heaven is for Real by Colton Burpo? In the book Colton goes to heaven at the age of 7 while on the operating table for a very life threatening illness.
He tells his parents about his experience. His family asks him, "What does Jesus look like?"

The book goes on the describe how Colton would look at pictures of Jesus but found that none truly represented Him.....until he saw a picture painted by the young Akiane. He said that that picture looked like the One he saw in heaven...

I also read some of Akiane's poetry.....She said that at the age of 7, she could close her eyes and see words appear before her in her mind....Her poetry would astound any adult and it is true that this girl has seen so many things!

I'm always skeptical about other's experiences but I truly believe that Jesus has shown this girl some things. Some very amazing and revealing things...

So after I did a little reading, I began to think of how small my situation is compared to God's Huge Plan for my life.....This tiny tiny situation is nothing compared to the things God has in store.....

I began to pray...and suddenly it was as if all anger just fell away...It just melted...and I realized the greatness of the Love that Jesus has not only for me, but for my husband....

I began to realize that I don't have to put up with the hardships and abuses, but I still can have the ability to Love...That Power is so overwhelming....

One of the most beautiful things about Jesus, to me, is His ability to love....His love cannot fail...
Human love fails..Human love disappoints. Leaves us jaded...can leave us bitter....

But the love of Jesus...is literally the Greatest Power I have ever seen....It is something that can be experienced and felt...It is a Living, Breathing Love...

No darkness can live in that Love....

So I felt as if I was set free that day....I was set free from the anger and hatred that I was struggling with over things that had happened over the course of the past few weeks...

I like to feel the Love of Jesus...I like to feel compassion. I choose not to be angry. Anger is too heavy a rock to carry...

Let it go...breathe and let it go...

As for Akiane, I visited her website one day....I was amazed at her artwork...but as I began to read her blog, I became confused...It seemed as if the older Akiane was losing her way somehow...Her focus, it seemed, wasn't on Jesus...and it seemed like she was embracing too many truths rather than the One Truth...

I went back to her site a few weeks later and noticed, however, that she took her blog down.
You should visit her site simply to see her art and be reminded of the Greatness of God..

www.akiane.com

No comments:

Post a Comment