Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Caroline in Mexico, Big Brothers Big Sisters, and teddy bears for Buckners

Today, I learned of a place called Buckners in Beaumont, Texas. It is home to 40 orphaned children...

I am going to get some bears and ,hopefully, some smiles to the children there.

A few months ago we got a bonus from work. I told Jesus that I would dedicate half of my bonus to the sole purpose of spreading some light.

So I'm ordering more bears. I guess bears are becoming my trademark.
What is sweeter than a cute, fuzzy teddy bear?

I want to get some into nursing homes, as well as children's homes.
I also had the idea of passing some out at Abraham's Tent...a local food shelter, where the homeless go for a nice, warm meal.

I have tons of stuff sitting at the house waiting to be passed out. I will do it soon.
Even if I have to force myself off of the couch...I will go!

Nothing in this world is more rewarding than bringing smiles in the name of Our Creator.

........

On another note...

I am still struggling with my present situation...often finding myself confused as to what God wants me to do....

There are times when I feel anger and hurt toward the one who hurt me...and there are times when I feel love and forgiveness...

It's like a rollercoaster of emotions , and I'm not quite sure how to handle it....only to pray...

This entire scenario has been very difficult...One the one hand, I know that Jesus wants all marriages to succeed....He has brought me into places of love and forgiveness that I never thought possible..

But, on the other hand, when trust has been broken thousands of times, there is a wall that doesn't want to come down.

I know that Jesus doesn't want us to be walked on or stepped on...even by our husbands..

so....I find I am much better off when I simply choose not to think about things. We are called to live in peace..when I think about the hurts, I find myself lashing out in anger and desiring revenge.

I find that I'm ok when I think of all the great possibilities that God has for my life.

I get excited about the wondrous plans that He holds for each of us...
I often find myself inspired by people that commit thier lives to serving Him....

I'm not talking about run of the mill "christians"...but, inspired by people who dedicate so much of their lives to truly serving.

last week, I stumbled across a blog written by a lady who has given her life to serve in an orphanage in Mexico.

She gave up everything. Her car, her cash, her home, her friends,....she gave up what we would call "the american dream".....she gave up the idea of romance even.....
to simply go forward for Christ, sharing His love with children that have been abandoned and forgotten....

To me, that is love....
Love is simply giving up the things we want, for something greater than ourselves...
I'm going to post a link to this lady's blog..
Her name is Caroline..and I pray that God blesses her greatly...

http://carolineinmexico.blogspot.com/

Speaking of orphans....

My son isn't an orphan, but he grew up without knowing the love of a father.
My dad has always been there for him, but I know that there is a hole in Cade's heart for a dad.
My husband claims to care about him, but isn't really active in any of our lives.
So the other day, I contacted Big Brother/Big Sisters in hopes of finding Cade a Big Brother.
I want him to have another male figure to look up to...someone to take him fishing, someone to play chess with him....someone to simply care.

I went to the Big Brothers/Big Sisters website and I was impressed with what they have to offer.....
They simply offer hope to children and teens that come from single parent homes...or homes where parents work all of the time...

They even have a very cool program called the Lunch Buddy program. ..IN the lunch Buddy program, you get to eat lunch with a child usually eats alone.

I remember at my school, there were always kids that had no one. Kids that ate alone. Kids that were bullied and incessantly picked on....
IN the lunch buddy program, a volunteer gets to go to the school and hang out with a kid who's lonely or going through a rough time...

I'm going to post a link to Big Brother/Big Sister in hopes that maybe someone out there will volunteer .....
Maybe I will....

http://www.bbbs.org/site/c.9iILI3NGKhK6F/b.5962335/k.BE16/Home.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment