Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The spider

Tonight I saw a spider...
It had huge legs...
I watched how it moved...
It used it's legs like feelers...

I became a little curious about spiders. I guess to most people they seem gross. Not to me.
To me, roaches are disgusting...but not spiders...
I really don't know why
Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to pet one or have one crawl on me....
But I like to watch them from a distance..

I think thier intricate webs are fascinating...How they are so ordered and patterned...
It's amazing how we can see God in the small, finite details of things...
Even the web of a spider reveals something..
A beauty and an order..
a pattern that is tailored to fit our life..

Tonight, I was once again in the throes of despair in regards to how I have been treated by my husband...

But I began to sing a song of praise..and I saw the spider

I had a strange thought about the spider...The spider has a mom...I didn't see that spider by accident..
That spider was there to remind me that there is a strange beauty in the unexpected...
Even the smallest things, even though they may seem disgusting, ..
even the smallest things hold life...

No comments:

Post a Comment