Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The fox

Yesterday I saw a fox cross the road.
He looked like he had been through hard times. He was very thin. He had lost much of his hair. He looked frail..and yet, he trudged on..through the grass...

I looked at that frail fox yesterday, and I somehow identified with it's plight..
I have been broken and battered. I have lived through a hard time, and yet I trudge on...
I am a survivor, like the fox.
I refuse to let the memories of yesterday get me down. My heart still beats. And like the fox, I may appear brusied and broken, but I still feel the sun on my back and the wind in my hair.
Yesterday, I was the fox....

Yesterday, was a rather discouraging day. I gave into anger. Someone had said some words that offended me deeply. I should have walked away, but I had done many things for this person and I truly didn't deserve the treatment. I guess no one is failproof. We all make mistakes. But we pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and learn from our mistakes.

The next time someone offends me, instead of lashing out, I will walk away. Jesus loves me still just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment