Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 11, 2011

4 Hollow Shells

Tonight, at work, I was delivering samples to our lab. I stepped outside and sitting on a table were four hollow turtle shells. They were polished and seemed to be sitting on display on a table.

At first, I thought that maybe there were turtles inside. As I walked towards them, I noticed that they were empty. Hollow.

Immediately, I became somewhat sad. First and foremost for the obvious reason. Four dead turtles.

As I saw the hollow shells, I thought about how many of us are like those shells. Hollow and empty.

There are days during the trials of my relationships when I have felt hollow and empty, even as Christian.

Tonight, I have been reflecting on the verse that says that we are to have life, and have it more abundantly.



"we are to have life."




Life. It it such a simple word and one that we often take for granted. We are called to have "life." We are not the empty, hollow shells that we may sometimes feel.




We are to have life, and have it more abundantly. Jesus wants us to claim the Spirit of Joy that He has waiting for us.




For the past few days, the Enemy has come against me in extreme ways. I will have to write a separate blog about that. But his attacks against me are harsh and severe. I find myself almost continaully in prayer for relief.




Then I remembered the verse:




The enemy comes to steal, to kill, and to destroy. But I have come so that you might have Life, and have it more abundantly. John 10:10




I am committing myself to learning His Word. There is such strength and Power that lives in them. His Word is Living. I have felt it's power.




Tonight, I stand upon the promise that I will have life, and have it more abundantly.


Tonight, I reclaim my joy.




Now it's time to reclaim yours, beloved reader.


Do not let the enemy steal from you. Refuse the be the hollow shell. Be the living, breathing entity God has called you to be. There are dead out there that need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment