Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

You can touch thousands....

Dear Blog Readers,

Tonight, I want to remind that you, yes you, can touch thousands of lives. Not just one...but thousands...

Last night, I was lying in bed..and all of sudden, I became instantly aware of the passing of time. With each passing moment..with each ticking of the clock, a living, breathing soul is lost to darkness....

Last night, I had been tempted to watch the news....or fritter away time in some self indulgent way,....I was lying there doing nothing...and It hit me....

The sense of urgency that I sometimes feel, returned to me...

I began to feel the call of the Holy Spirit, beckoning me.....so I sat in my big, fluffy red papasan chair...and I asked Him to help me write...

And He did!

So I wrote....I wrote a letter to a boy I know who is very lost...
and I began my book, "His Little Book of Light"

I have always dreamt of writing a book...
Yesterday, I recieved a book in the mail entitled, "Come Away My Beloved."
It was written as if Jesus is speaking to us...
It encouraged me. It inspired me...
I began to pray all day yesterday. I realized that I have grown somewhat slack in my walk with God.
I realized that I want more...I need more of Him...
I want to write. I want to encourage others, but I cannot do it on my own...
Words from my mouth are meaningless unless I learn to truly inhale and exhale the One who Breathed Life in me....

One day, a long time ago Jesus told me that I would touch thousands...
Dear Blog Readers, whoever you are, so can you...
If it is your desire, have the faith...ask Him to use you in great ways...
He will...
Ask and it shall be given unto you"...

I know there are so many lost people out there. The widow, the orphan, the sick, and the poor...
He has called us to Act...
and yet, so often, we adopt ways that are self indulgent...

Today and every day, Let us learn to ask, Jesus, what can I do for you? and not the other way around.... Jesus, what will you do for me?


No comments:

Post a Comment