Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Something Quite Miraculous

Today something happened. Something that I think is quite Miraculous.
Something that I believe is more than chance.
God answered someones prayer.

Several months ago, I contacted Open Door Ministries. ODM is an organization that connects women in prison to volunteers.

I contacted them out of the desire to share Jesus to women in prison through the form of letters.

When I went to Open Door, they told me of a lady named Anje. They told me that she wrote beautiful stories about the wonderous workings of God in her life.

There is a lot of red tape to go through before I could begin writing Anje and other women in prison. Background checks, letter of recommendation, videos to watch...etc, etc....

Yesterday, it was pressed upon my heart and mind to begin wrapping up the process so that I begin sharing Anje's stories.

It seems that I haven't had a lot of time lately. Between work, taking care of my boys, writing my blog, visiting with my sister from North Carolina....things have been a little hectic...

But I have been thinking of Anje lately.

Today, I retrieved my email and lo and behold, there is a message waiting from a lady who attends my church.

She has known Anje for over twenty years. She told me that she drew Anje to Jesus over twenty years ago. She told me that Anje lost her son and was very grieved. She turned away from God out of anger. She developed addictions as a way to deal with the pain. Her addictions caused an accident that killed someone's son.

Oh, what a tragedy! I am so sad for everyone involved!
Anje rediscovered Jesus in prison. She writes beautiful stories. I know this because one of the ladies at Open Door shared one of her stories with me.
Jesus gives her dreams and speaks to her.

As I was reading this message, the lady at church told me that she was speaking with Anje and Anje was telling her about a lady that wanted to include her stories on a blog. (that would be me)

Anje has been looking forward to sharing her stories on my blog for months but it seems that it hasn't been able to happen.

Until today.

God provided a way for Anje to begin sharing her stories. The lady at my church offered to send me some.

Of course, I had no idea that the lady at church even knew Anje. I believe God orchestrated all of this because He wants Anje's stories to be told.

I find it to be quite miraculous.

There is a hole in my heart still for all those involved.
Please take a moment to pray for peace in the family that was affected by the tragedy.
Please pray that they find complete restoration and God heals them.
I cannot imagine what it would be like to lose a child.
I can't blame Anje for turning to drugs to mask the pain of losing her own child.
I only pray that Jesus works to completely heal, to let each person involved be reassured that thier child is waiting for them in a Wonderous Place.
Each child is resting in the arms of Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment