Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Addicted

Sometimes it seems that my heart is continually ripped out and handed back to me in unrecognizeable pieces.

Someone I care about struggles with addiction.
Addiction is hard to wrap the mind around.
On the one hand, I want to understand it..
On the other hand, I simply desire to run as far away from it as possible.

People with addictions cannot give themselves entirely to anyone.
They are bound by thier vice.
There are days when I literally feel trapped in a nightmare, not really understanding what to do next.....

So I continaully turn to God for comfort and strength and He lifts me up each time.
But this has been a trial and hard road to travel.
My addicted love one is in complete denial. On the one hand, denial becomes easy.
It would be easier not to face it....but the hard truth is that addiction kills. It kills not only the physical body, but it kills trust, it kills so much.
Addicts tend to lie. Addiction is it's own demon.

But I know that nothing is too big for God, so I know that I must place all in His hands.
Please pray for my addicted loved one.

No comments:

Post a Comment