Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Coffeepot Rock

Coffepot rock....
this is a post about one of those moments when you can see God's handprint in your life.


There are days when I can feel the attacks of the enemy. Sometimes I feel the attacks so strongly that I fast. One of the things that I have given up is my coffee. I love my coffee.
I consider it a blessing. At one point, I felt that I should give it up permanently.
But I didn't realize that the enemy will try to steal even those things that we enjoy.

I know that many people won't understand this post. That's ok. At least take one thing from it.
God hears our prayers.

I was in the middle of Arizona about a week and a half ago. I could feel darkness everywhere I turned. I was in Sedona, Arizona. I asked Jesus, Lord, I will do whatever it is you want. If fasting from coffee for the rest of my life is what you want, then I will do it for you. But, Lord. I love my coffee. Please speak to me in some way.
About an hour later, I am walking in Red Rock State Park. I am in the visitor's center. I look down and I see a postcard. Coffeepot rock. In the middle of Arizona, there is a rock that is shaped like a coffee pot. Imagine that, A rock, formed by the hands of God, into coffee.

I couldn't help but feel that God put that rock for me. I couldn't help but feel that God was saying, Rachelle, I love you. Enjoy life. Rest in me. Rachelle, just relax and enjoy your coffee. Rachelle, I got this. Rest.
Don't even worry about the enemy,Rachelle, I got that that too.
God put that rock there for me.
Thank you!

On another note...and I am writing this part over a year later..
God isn't calling the Christian to rest. He calls the Christian to live an active life of faith and love.
I recently read a book by Corrie Ten Boom called, "Tramp for the Lord." She went all over the world telling others about God's love and how He sustained her while she was in a Jewish Concentration Camp in Germany. When she was in her eighties, there were days when she was tempted to quit. She wanted rest. But God spoke to her through the Word.

"How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in HIm of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!"

She then wrote, "I refuse to spend the rest of my life in a pasture when there are so many fields to harvest. I hope to die in harness."

No comments:

Post a Comment