Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 23, 2011

For all of the moms out there




The decision to have a child

It's momentous

It is to decide forever to have your heart

go walking around

outside of your body _elizabeth stone


The past week has been a little hectic. We went to a wedding out of state.
I took my oldest son to boyscouts. I dedicated a portion of my week to small mission projects that I'm working on, which included preparing teddy bears to be taken to the pediatric burn center in Baton Rouge and buying blankets, hats, and socks to be distributed at a local food bank.

One day in particular was rather frustrating. I took both boys into town to buy some things for the homeless. We also went to the Boy Scouts of America store. As I was checking out, Little Brendan was determined to leave the store in a chaotic mess. I had my hands full and he, seeing that I was busy, decided to leave a trail of destruction in the store. In a matter of seconds, he de-shelved an entire haven of stuffed animals.

The day was stressful.

However, when we returned home, I was pushing my baby boy in the stroller down the road.
Immediately, a profound sense of peace came over me and I couldn't help but think...

"This is where I am meant to be..."

pushing this baby...in this stroller....at this moment....

I was filled with gratitude for the honor of taking care of two of the most beautiful boys in the world.

There are times when things seem so stressful. Sometimes trying to balance work and motherhood seems to be a very difficult task. There are days when I truly wish I had the privaledge of being a full time mom. Simply, because I realize that the job and task of being a mother is one handed down by God Himself, and the job is no small task. And I miss my kids while I am at work. I am missing out.

Motherhood is a true gift.

One that I have often felt that I don't deserve. There was a time in my life when I walked in a fog of deep depression. I guess I never felt worthy of the precious gift that was bestowed upon my life.

But, since then, I have learned of Grace.

My first son was born out of wedlock. I guess a part of me has always felt guilty for that. I have always felt "undeserving."

But....I have seen God's grace. I have seen how beautiful things grow in the desert. I have seen how God allows beautiful things into the lives of the undeserving.

It's called Grace.

Grace is the most beautiful of gifts. To be a mother, is such a gift.

IT is no small task. God says to train our children in His ways and when they are older they shall not depart from it.

As mothers, it is our job is to provide examples of grace to our children.

I think of my own mother. She has never really worked outside of the home, and I admire her for that. She was and is...always busy, nonetheless.

Her hands are always working. Preparing food, raising animals for her family.
She sews. She fixes things. She washes, she plants, she grows,
Her hands are hands that care for things. She takes care of her own mother, and she helps me to care for my children when I am at work.

Rarely, if ever, do I hear her speaking negatively about someone else. She is not one to gossip. She is not one to slander or curse. And she does not lie.
She is an example.

I guess the purpose of this post is to let all of the mothers out there know that there purpose is huge.
To care for a child is such an amazing purpose and one that should not be taken lightly. You have such a gift.

Raise your child in the way that he should go. Surely he will not depart from it. Raise your children with honor and integrity.
Delight in the gift bestowed upon you.

You are worthy...there is a gift I discovered, called Grace...It is yours. You are a Creation of the Most High and you were created to care for the little ones He gave you. Relish your duty. Breathe it...love your job as mother.

Oh, and thanks mom..for all that you do. I love you. You are wonderful and my children are blessed to have one of the best grandmothers in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment