Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 6, 2011

the hourglass dream

Last night I had a very strange dream about an hourglass.

The hourglass represented two realities. The sands at the bottom represented the natural world. The world that we see.

Everything else, represented the world of the unseen. The world of the spirit.
In the dream, I was no longer walking upon the sands.
I was completely in the Spirit...


There is an unseen realm of God that hold amazing and miraculous things. When Jesus died, He sent His Holy Spirit to lead us into Truth. I am finding that as I seek, serve, and become more obedient, His Holy Spirit operates in greater ways within.

There have been nights when He has sent me dreams. They are always accompanied by this very real light. In the presence of this light, is an immeasurable peace and joy. There is nothing in this natural world that could even compare.

There are days when I find that I can feel His light shining upon me. I find that it is when I sacrifice the most, that His presence is the most felt. Sacrifice can come in so many forms.
We can sacrifice our time.
We should sacrifice relationships that pull us into other directions. This is hard. I have done it. It was one of the most difficult things I have ever done. But following His voice has led me into peace and truth that I couldn't have found otherwise.
We can sacrifice our excess. There is a very real world out there that is suffering.
Children are dying of hunger. People go cold while we have warm beds, in which to sleep.

Jesus showed me something today. There are days when I long to help others around the world with my family. But He showed me that the mission starts where we stand. Reach out to those around you. The people at work, family, friends, the people that you encounter on a day to day basis. At least, this is the case for me.

In another part of the dream,
I could see the sands of the hourglass pouring out of the glass itself....
I thought about this and I could only come to one conclusion.
Time.
Time is running out. I have my guesses as to what this means, but will keep that to myself, unless you decide you want my thoughts...

But also, If we think about our short lives, we must all be aware of the passing of time.
Each moment, brings us closer to the day when we will part ways with the realm of the natural world and enter into the other realm, heaven or hell.
Our time on earth is short. Death will come to each of us, whether we want it to or not.
We all would like to imagine that we will be here until we are old.
But, life is a very fine thread that could break at any moment.

Prepare for your eternity now.

Back to my thoughts on walking in His Spirtit...
through Christ, we aren't confined to the natural. We can operate in His Spirit even while walking in the natural world. In His Spirit, is the place where miracles are performed, lives are transformed, and relationships and lives are healed.

We should all desire to walk in His realm.
I believe that it comes first through fervent prayer and seeking. Through listening to His voice. His true voice will not lead us into wealth and self satisfaction, but will take us into places of humility and sacrifice. Obedience to His word and voice are key to walking in this realm.


'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Acts 2:17

No comments:

Post a Comment