Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

10% of our Brain

I've always heard that we utilize 10% of our brain power. I actually googled it and found it to be a myth...
but I want to share something very unique and interesting that happened to me a few years ago.

I like to write songs. Often I will begin singing a melody and it turns into a very well structured song. I'm not very proficient at an instrument. I took piano lessons when I was in high school. Sometimes I can write very basic songs on the piano, but in the past I have taken my melodies to professional musicians and watched my songs come to life.

It is a very fascinating experience. To create.

I always sang my own harmonies when doing a recording. I always had difficulties with harmonies. Often, whoever I was working with would write the harmonic pieces. I would have to learn them and sing them over the original vocal track.

Harmonies were very very difficult for me. One day I was listening to the radio in my car and suddenly I began to sing harmonies behind the lead vocalist. I thought it was a fluke. I had never been able to do it before.

The very next song came on. I was able to create a harmonic piece for the next song. It was very strange. It's as if I was singing harmonies just clicked one day. All of a sudden, I got it..the pieces of the puzzle fit together.

Our mind is such a unique creation. I often read stories about people who have come out of a coma and begin to compose music.... a gift that was previously unbeknowst to them.

One day I thought Jesus was telling me that I would be proficient at an instrument one day. Maybe one day things will just "click." Perhaps, I should begin to practice and some day things will all come together...those pieces of the puzzle will make sense.

Maybe we do only use part of our minds. It seems that if we used more of it, society would be a little better off. Or maybe we would have too many people that think they "know it all."

One thing I do know...the more I seek, the more I trust, the more I come to understand. I can see mysteries of life unfolding and even more awaiting ......"Ask and you shall be given. Seek and you shall find."

No comments:

Post a Comment