Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Night



Source of pic: http://www.computerclipart.com/computer_clipart_images/a_little_girl_sitting_on_a_hill_under_the_moon_0071-0907-2514-0557.htm

The first time I heard that there was no night in heaven..I have to admit, I was a little disappointed.

I love the nighttime. But I began to wonder what I loved about the night so much.

I concluded. I love the moon. The stars. The smells. The tranquility. The peace and the rest.

Then I began to think...sounds like heaven. The things I like about the night aren't it's complete and total darkness.

I like the sources of light that accompany the night.

I know in many others posts I talk about the Light that often accompanies my dreams. Sometimes Jesus gives me dreams. And in some of these dreams, there is a warm, glowing light.

There is so much peace...and rest..so much tranquility in the prescence of this surreal light.


As I was pondering all of this, I looked up the verse about night.


There will be no night there.

They will not need the light of a lamp

or the light of the sun.

For, the Lord God will give them light, and they will

reign forever and ever. Revelation 22:5


Then my eyes fell upon a verse on the other side of the page.



I am the root and the offsping of David,

the Bright and Morning Star

Revelation 22:15-17

So even though there will be no night
There will be a star.
The most beautiful star that would pale any other.


No comments:

Post a Comment