Total Pageviews

Friday, May 6, 2011

Letter to New Moms.....to be delivered....

I have around 100 new pairs of hand made crocheted baby booties, 26 pink Bibles, 50 books entitled, God's Word for Mothers, and I just ordered some Gospel of Johns from the Pocket Testatment League.

Soon I hope to gather up anyone who is interested....and take little care packages to new moms in the hospital.

I just finished a personal letter that I wrote to the moms.

Below is a copy of the letter:



You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:13 New Living Translation




Hello,




a few weeks ago a family member that I hardly know gave me a pair of handmade crocheted slippers. I began thinking about how each stitch represented an act of love. I began to think about how I could express that love to others. Thus, Baby Bootie Ministries was formed. Simply, to let you know that you are loved. To let you know that someone cares about your life and the life of your baby.




As the mother of two precious boys, I know how daunting and vulerable life can seem after the birth of a child. I had my first child out of wedlock and I would often think that Jesus wouldn't love my child as much. I look back now and the concept seems silly. But I truly believed that Jesus wouldn't bless by boy because of my own faults.




The more I seek Jesus, the more I find that God is more a God of love. It's true that I had to go to many hard hard places to find the peace and rest that I have now. Every day is a reminder that life can be very tough. But I am finding that true Christianity is about sacrifice. And with those sacrifices, comes an overwhelming sense of peace and understanding.




I pray that you will know and understand that Jesus loves you and your baby. I pray that you will seek Him and find the peace and joy that I have found. I pray that you will know how valuable you are. I pray that you will see how precious your child is..what an amazing gift you have been given. I speak a Blessing of Love and Hope into your life today. If you need prayer or an ear to listen, email me at letmewashyourfeet@yahoo.com. You are always welcome at our church, as well. Big Lake Gospel Tabernacle in Big Lake, LA.... I don't want to take you away from your church or religion, just offer people with no where to go, a place to feel loved....but one thing I have learned is that people will often disappoint us....sometimes even churchs disappoint....but Jesus is always there with open arms of love and acceptance. Fall into His arms and know the love that is waiting.




God Bless,




Rachelle




"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything


by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,


present your requests to God.


And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding


will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."


Phillipians 4:6-7






Feel free to pass this on...print out a copy and give to as many new mothers as you can....if you want a pair of baby booties, email me...i'll get you a pair, with a Bible or a book...




Love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment