Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Kids at Harbour House



I recently read an article on the children at Harbour House in Lake Charles, La.
Harbour House is the temporary dwelling for children. Many of these kids have suffered some form of abuse or neglect. I want to bring them some light. I want them to know they are loved.

The news article states that some of these kids are later lost to suicide, incarceration, or drug abuse.

I want to stop the darkness in it's tracks by letting these kids know that they are simply loved.
I'm going to write them letters. Print them up a love letter from Father's love letter. com....(God's personal message in the form of a love letter) and give them some cute little teddy bears.
I'm putting a personalized message on the bears...You are worth so much...You are simply loved...It will be on the bear's t-shirt around a picture of a heart.

I"m going to post a copy of the link where I read the article about the kids at Harbor House.
Please say some prayers for them.

http://www.sulphurdailynews.com/westlake/x488831126/Harbor-House-offers-hope-haven-to-at-risk-youth


To me, this is a lot of what being a Christian means. It is about an indescribeable, all encompassing, supernatural love.


It is so simple. Suprisingly and wonderfully simple.


I don't want to boast that I bought some bears. I simply want to encourage and inspire others to give. To help. To reach out in unique and creative ways. To the kids that are lost. To the people that are helpless. To the people we read about in the news everyday. Not only the strangers but the lost and the hurting all around us.


This is Christianity's true form. Love.


For God so Loved the world, that He sent His only begotten son, that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.



I have this dream that, as Christians, we can begin to spread this wonderful light. First, as small sparks of love. But then, those sparks will spread to our community and then to the entire world. It will be a light as a consuming fire...that cannot be quenched or put out.

No comments:

Post a Comment