Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Bullies

This week I felt as if Jesus wanted me to reach out to a girl who was bullied in high school.
I'm not going to mention her name...
I've always like the girl, but I remember in grade school and high school the kids always relentlessly picked on her.

As a Christian, I should have taken a stand for this young lady. But I didn't. Why? I guess it was easier not to.

Why are kids so seemingly cruel? Is it because they have no example?
It seemed like so many people were judged at our high school if they didn't have the "right" brand of jeans.
I wonder how the bullying affected this young lady's life?
Don't we know that with every cruel word or action, we plant darkness in the hearts of someone else..that darkness could grow so huge inside someone....but yet so many trod on...not seeming to care...unaware of the destruction that they leave behind...

Dear girl, if you are reading this...it's for a reason. Jesus wanted me to reach out to you in love. Because you aren't defined by what negative things others may have said to you. I'm not just talking out of my mouth... He showed me.
You are special. You were created in His image. Even the very hairs on your head are numbered.
He can heal so much in your life if you will ask Him and let Him.
I love you and I'm sorry I didn't stand up for you.
With the Love of Christ,

Rachelle

PARENTS: It's time to take a stand! Live what you believe! Set the example of kindness!
Please pass this on via facebook via..anything...It's time to stop the darkness in its tracks by spreading His Love

I challenge any and everyone who reads this to reach out to someone you have bullied...OR someone who was "unpopular" and got teased in school.
TELL THEM YOU ARE SORRY!
WALK THE NARROW PATH!
TELL THEM THEY ARE WORTH SOMETHING!
TELL THEM THEY ARE LOVED!

I'm sorry to anyone I have ever bullied....

No comments:

Post a Comment