Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Message to those struggling with depression

I spoke about my earlier battles with depression in other posts...but one thing I failed to mention...

I battled with depression for years. I just read that 19 million people struggle with some form of depression. It can be crippling.

I used to take medication. Pristiq...Cymbalta...I even took medication for anxiety..

One day I was saying a prayer...and Jesus literally flipped some sort of switch inside my head...I saw, at that moment, ....an image...I had been walking through a dark tunnel..in an instant..with the flick of the switch...I could see the magnaminty of the world. I saw purpose. The world literally expanded. Colors, in an instant, became brighter and more vivid....

The bars from my prison of the mind, so to speak, literally came crashing down.....

I was praying on another occassion, I had a vision of a flower..my life..my marriage was like a tiny seed, but if I would let God water me with the light of His love, then I would grow into a beautiful flower.

I haven't been on depression medication since I began to Trust. That is the power of my God.
There is a peace and true joy that comes from serving Him and serving others.

I want to offer hope to those struggling with depression. All too often, depression is rooted in so many negative areas of our lives....but as we grow in Him,,,as we spread His Light, the darkness of depression...the Enemy that attacks...cannot thrive in the Light of His love...

There is hope for depression beyond what the makers of Cymbalta can offer.....
His name is Jesus. He is the Great Physican that can heal those hurting lives........
Accept Him, Listen to His voice, let him lead you into those vivid, colorful, and vibrant places.
Those places of purpose and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment